ENLISTED APPLICATIONS FOR ASSIGNMENT TO USS CONSTITUTION:
RTTUZYUW RUEWMCS0000 0131711-UUUU--RUCRNAD
R 131711Z JAN 14 PSN 972405K27
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/JAN//
SUBJ/ENLISTED APPLICATIONS FOR ASSIGNMENT TO USS CONSTITUTION//
AMPN/REF A MILPERSMAN 1306-920, SCREENING REQUIREMENTS FOR ASSIGNMENT
TO USS CONSTITUTION.//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN solicits enlisted applications for duty onboard USS
CONSTITUTION. Applications must be submitted via the special programs
detailer and the USS CONSTITUTION command senior chief by mail or encrypted
e-mail. Personnel with a projected rotation date (PRD) of May 2014 through
December 2014 are eligible. Others may apply with command and detailer
approval. Personnel selected will normally detach from their present command
at their current PRD.
2. USS CONSTITUTION is an important part of American heritage and the
history of our Navy. Having earned her nickname "Old Ironsides" during the
war of 1812, USS CONSTITUTION is the oldest commissioned warship afloat in
the world and America's ship of state. USS CONSTITUTION is permanently
berthed in Boston, Massachusetts. The crew is tasked with promoting,
protecting, and preserving the ship. A normal tour of duty is three years
and is shore duty (Type I) for rotational purposes.
3. The following billets are available in the next nine months, fill month
CS1 (April 2014)
NC1 (September 2014)
4. Volunteers seeking duty onboard USS CONSTITUTION must be able to interact
with the public with maturity and tact and be an exceptional representative
of the U.S. Navy. They must have an impeccable appearance and exceptional
military bearing. Chief petty officers and petty officers must be high
caliber individuals ready to serve as sharp military role models for junior
crew members and strong leaders.
5. All volunteers considering duty onboard USS CONSTITUTION must meet the
minimum qualifications contained in ref (a) and the following additional
a. Driving under the influence/driving while intoxicated convictions
within last five years are disqualifying.
b. No excessive debt. Command financial specialists should evaluate
member's debt to income ratio.
c. Not have any tattoos that show in a short sleeve uniform.
6. Interested candidates meeting the above requirements must first submit a
fully completed NAVPERS 1306/7 (enlisted personnel action request) to their
respective rating detailer via their commanding officer requesting release to
shore special programs.
7. Once NAVPERS 1306/7 is complete, submit the required documents detailed
in ref (a), plus the following to USS CONSTITUTION for screening:
a. PRIMS printout
b. Digital 5x7 photograph (front, back, and side) in Navy service
uniform (khaki for chief petty officer). Sailors serving on individual
augmentation may wear uniform chain of command deems appropriate for photo.
c. Note: common application errors include lack of detailed contact
information, unsigned NAVPERS 1306/7 and 1306/92, no commanding officer
endorsement, missing evaluations, photos not included, and screening packages
sent to detailer rather than USS CONSTITUTION. Incomplete packages will not
8. Applications can be sent via encrypted e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the following address:
COMMAND SENIOR CHIEF
CHARLESTOWN NAVY YARD
CHARLESTOWN, MA 02129-1797
9. Once application package is received and reviewed, a telephone interview
will be arranged between the member and USS CONSTITUTION command senior
chief. Personnel may also arrange to interview in person. Personal
interviews are conducted at USS CONSTITUTION in Charlestown, MA.
10. Additional information can be found on our website at
11. Point of contact is ATCS(SW/AW) Nancy Estrada, command senior chief, at
(617) 592-2549 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
12. This NAVADMIN will remain in effect until superseded or 31 December
2014, whichever occurs first.
13. Released by Vice Admiral W. F. Moran, N1.//