US NAVAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE AVIATION MAINTENANCE TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM CALL FOR APPLICATIONS:
R 201927Z JAN 23 MID200080671276U
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N7//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N7//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N7/JAN//
SUBJ/US NAVAL COMMUNITY COLLEGE AVIATION MAINTENANCE TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM CALL
NARR/REF A IS ALNAV 009/20, SECNAV VECTOR 7.//
RMKS/1. Reference (a) directed the formation of the first cohort of Navy and
Marine Corps students for enrollment in the United States Naval Community
College (USNCC) Pilot program. This Navy Administrative Message (NAVADMIN)
provides an update on upcoming USNCC degree programs. USNCC will take
applications for the first cohort of Aviation Maintenance
Technology associate degree students starting 27 February 2023 with a
deadline of 26 March 2023. There is no tuition, mandatory course fees, or
course material costs incurred by parent commands or participating
students. Future application windows will be promulgated on the USNCC
website at https://www.usncc.edu/, on USNCC social media sites, road show
briefs, and additional messages.
2. Background. The USNCC started Pilot II in January 2022. The intent of
this pilot is to evaluate academic programs, learning delivery systems, and
student performance through the opportunity to complete online college
a. The next USNCC professional concentration area opening is Aviation
Maintenance Technology (open application period starts February 2023 and
course starts approximately June 2023). This program confers an associate
degree with embedded certificates, to include the Naval Studies Certificate.
b. The USNCC Naval Studies Certificate comprises five USNCC delivered
courses and will be incorporated into all USNCC degree programs:
(1) NAV 101 Naval Ethics & Leadership
(2) NAV 102 Modern Naval History
(3) NAV 103 Naval Force Design
(4) NAV 104 Civilian / Military Relations, Organization, and
(5) NAV 105 Introduction to the Geopolitical Environment
c. Classes are taught 100% online and asynchronously. Most courses are
taught in the 8 to 16-week course format, depending on the schedule of the
participating colleges and complexity of course material. For additional
information regarding program requirements and course details, please visit
the USNCC website at https://www.usncc.edu/.
a. USNCC will accept program applications from all enlisted Sailors,
Marines, and Coast Guardsmen subject to the following eligibility
(1) Members of the Naval Services (Navy, Marine Corps, and Coast
Guard), in any rating or MOS, in the pay grades of E-1 to E-9 may apply;
prioritization of acceptance is dependent on the degree program. Junior
service members will be prioritized.
(2) All applicants must be on active duty and available to take
online college courses.
(3) Applicants must not have previously earned an associate or
higher academic degree except as noted in paragraph (4).
(4) Students that have previously earned a college degree may apply
for the USNCC Naval Studies Certificate (expected start date Fall 2023).
(5) Applicants must not be pending any legal or disciplinary action.
(6) Applicants must have 90 days left on contract from the start of
(7) Applicants must be enlisted.
(8) For programs that have more than one degree path, applicants
must only select/apply for one program.
b. Qualified individuals will need a designated command representative /
Commanding Officer / Education Service Officer (at the E6 or higher level)
4. Application Process: More information is available and applications must
be submitted at the USNCC website at https://www.usncc.edu/.
5. Selection Notifications: The USNCC will make enrollment selections and
accepted applicants will be advised of their selection status via email.
6. Point of contact: Mr. Alphonso Garrett, USNCC Director of Enrollment, at
(703) 432-5608 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Request widest dissemination of the above information. Regional and
installation education specialists are requested to pass this information to
all interested personnel at home stations.
8. To arrange command visits or briefs, contact MCC Xander Gamble, USNCC
Public Affairs Officer, at email@example.com, or visit the USNCC
website for more information.
9. This message will remain in effect until 30 September 2023 or until
10. Released by VADM J. W. Hughes, Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for
Warfighting Development, OPNAV (N7).//
Official source for this NAVADMIN