ABSENTEE VOTER REGISTRATION:
1 NAVADMINs are known that
refer back to this one:
RTTUZYUW RUEWMCS0000 0371435-UUUU--RUCRNAD
R 061435Z FEB 14 PSN 273354K24
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//DNS//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC//DNS/FEB//
SUBJ/ABSENTEE VOTER REGISTRATION//
NARR/REF A IS NAVY VOTING ASSISTANCE PROGRAM AND REF B IS
FEDERAL VOTING ASSISTANCE PROGRAM.//
RMKS/1. At the beginning of each calendar year, eligible voters who wish to
register to vote via an absentee ballot should do so by completing the
Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). This form can be easily completed
online at http://www.fvap.gov.
2. Numerous federal, state and local elections will be held in 2014 including
congressional seats and for governorships. Electing our leaders through open
elections makes democracy unique and is a freedom that we defend. Everyone is
encouraged to exercise their right to vote and to ensure that their voice is
3. The Navy maintains a robust service-wide voting assistance program that
relies upon leadership support at every level of the chain of command. The
following guidance is provided:
a. Commanders, Commanding Officers and Officers in Charge: Each command of 25
or more individuals is required to maintain a voting assistance program,
managed by a command Voting Assistance Officer (VOA).
(1) VAOs duties and responsibilities are outlined in references (a) and (b).
Reference (a) is under revision and will reflect changes made in reference
(b). Until an updated reference (a) is released, reference (b) should be
followed whenever the two differ.
(2) VAOs are required to maintain a current Voting Information Management
System (VIMS) account. Account information should be updated at least
quarterly at https://qol.navyaims.net/voting/.
4. Voting action plan outlines specific milestones in support of the 2014
election and may be found at http://www.fvap.gov/vao/guidance/html. Any voter
who needs assistance with the absentee voting process should contact their
command VAO, visit www.fvap.gov or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Point of contact is LT Andrew Bousky at email@example.com or (202)
6. Released by Vice Admiral S. H. Swift, Director, Navy Staff.//