OMBUDSMAN REPORTING REQUIREMENTS FOR SEXUAL ASSAULTS:
RTTUZYUW RUEWMCS0000 0791642-UUUU--RUCRNAD
R 201642Z MAR 14
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//DNS//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/DNS/MAR//
SUBJ/OMBUDSMAN REPORTING REQUIREMENTS FOR SEXUAL ASSAULTS//
NARR/ REFS A AND B ARE DOD AND DON SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION AND RESPONSE
(SAPR) PROGRAM POLICY RESPECTIVELY. REF C IS NAVY FAMILY OMBUDSMAN
RMKS/1. The purpose of this NAVADMIN is to promulgate interim
guidance to clarify SAPR reporting requirements for Ombudsman.
2. Ombudsman are official representatives of the command. If a sexual assault
is reported to an Ombudsman, it is an unrestricted report. Ombudsman are not
authorized to accept restricted reports.
3. Per references (a) and (b), unrestricted reporting triggers command
notification. When a sexual assault is reported to an Ombudsman, the
Ombudsman will report the incident to the Commanding Officer and the
command's Sexual Assault Response Coordinator.
4. Retain this message with reference (c).
5. Point of contact is Ms. Lisa Johnson, Ombudsman Program Analyst, at (202)
433-4701 or via email at email@example.com.
6. Released by Vice Admiral S. H. Swift, Director, Navy Staff.//