INTERIM UPDATE ON DOD MASK GUIDANCE:
R 141556Z MAY 21 MID200000857632U
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO SECNAV WASHINGTON DC
CNO WASHINGTON DC
MSGID/NAVADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/CNO/MAY//
SUBJ/INTERIM UPDATE ON DOD MASK GUIDANCE//
NARR/REF A IS DEPUTY SECRETARY OF DEFENSE MEMORANDUM UPDATED MASK GUIDANCE
FOR VACCINATED PERSONS. REF B IS NAVADMIN 059/21, GUIDANCE ON MASK WEAR AND
OTHER PUBLIC HEALTH MEASURES DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC.
RMKS/1. In accordance with reference (a), mask wear for fully immunized
personnel (two weeks beyond final dose) is no longer required indoors or
outdoors at DoD facilities. Immunized personnel should continue to comply
with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance regarding areas
where masks should be worn.
2. This guidance applies only to fully immunized personnel. Unimmunized
personnel will continue to comply with the provisions of reference (b).
3. Commanders and supervisors should not ask about an employee's vaccination
4. The best available medical and scientific data on risk to mission and
current CDC guidance are available at:
5. OPNAV N3/N5 POC: CAPT Craig Mattingly, firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Released by VADM P. G. Sawyer, Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for
Operations, Plans and Strategy, OPNAV N3/N5.//