CHANGE TO ACCESSION TRAINING FOR RESERVE DIRECT COMMISSION OFFICERS:
R 071507Z MAY 19
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/MAY//
SUBJ/CHANGE TO ACCESSION TRAINING FOR RESERVE DIRECT COMMISSION OFFICERS//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces the Fiscal Year 2020 cancellation of the
Direct Commission Officer Indoctrination Course (DCOIC) and the associated
transition to Officer Development School (ODS) and the Limited Duty Officer
(LDO)/Chief Warrant Officer (CWO) Academy.
The DCOIC provided by Officer Training Command (OTC), Newport, Rhode Island,
will no longer be offered effective 30 September 2019.
Beginning 1 October 2019, Reserve Direct Commission Officers (DCO) will
attend the same accession training courses as their Active Component
2. The purpose of this change in policy is to ensure standards for Navy
officer training are applied consistently across all accessions pipelines, in
order to support increased permeability between the Active and Reserve
3. This change to accession training affects all direct accessions into Navy
Reserve Officer DCO, LDO and CWO programs.
a. DCOs. Reserve DCOs shall attend ODS to complete their accession
training requirement within 1 year of commissioning.
b. LDOs/CWOs. Reserve LDOs and CWOs shall attend the LDO/CWO Academy to
complete their commissioning training requirement within
1 year of commissioning.
4. ODS Training Flexibility. The accession training requirement for reserve
DCOs will be attendance of ODS in one continuous 5-week training period.
However, ODS split option courses have been developed to more adequately
support civilian professional schedules. A limited number of split option
quotas will be available over two separate training periods throughout the
5. Points of contact:
a. For training program specific questions contact CAPT Lee Newton at
(847) 688-3400 x443/DSN 792 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
b. For Reserve policy questions contact CAPT Mike Evans at
(757) 322-6622/DSN 313 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
6. This NAVADMIN will remain in effect until superseded or canceled.
7. Released by Vice Admiral R. P. Burke, N1//