NAVY CLOUD IMPLEMENTATION PLAN:
1 NAVADMINs are known that
refer back to this one:
R 091517Z JUN 21 MID600050669654U
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N2N6//
TO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N2N6//
MSGID/NAVADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N2N6/JUNE//
SUBJ/NAVY CLOUD IMPLEMENTATION PLAN//
REF/E/MEMO/ASN(RDA) DON CIO/7DEC2020//
NARR/REF A IS DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY DEPUTY CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER FOR THE NAVY (DDCIO(N)) MEMO, NAVY CLOUD FIRST POLICY.
REF B IS DDCIO(N) MEMORANDUM, NAVY COMMERCIAL CLOUD BROKERAGE POLICY.
REF C IS DDCIO(N) MEMO, COMMERCIAL CLOUD BUSINESS CASE ANALYSIS POLICY.
REF D IS NAVADMIN 380-11, TASK FORCE DATA CENTER CONSOLIDATION STAND UP.
REF E IS JOINT ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF THE NAVY FOR RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT, AND ACQUISITION (ASN(RDA)) AND DON CIO MEMO, DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY CLOUD POLICY.
REF F IS PROGRAM EXECUTIVE OFFICE FOR DIGITAL AND ENTERPRISE SERVICES (PEO DIGITAL) CLOUD SERVICES (CS) AND CLOUD SERVICE OFFERINGS (CSO) ACQUISITION AND DELIVERY PLAN.//
POC/HUGH MCCULLOM/CIV/N2N6D/TEL: 571-256-8260/EMAIL: email@example.com//
POC/SCOTT HOWARD/CIV/N2N6D/TEL: 571-256-8292/EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN cancels references (a) through (d) and implements the Department of the Navy (DON) Cloud Policy, reference (e), which directs that all cloud computing services in the DON be provisioned and their consumption monitored via the Naval Digital Marketplace at https://cloud.navy.mil. Reference (f) provides guidance on the process for acquisition, delivery, and security of cloud services.
2. Cloud Migration Plans.
a. No later than (NLT) 30 September 2021, Echelon II Command Information Officers (CIOs) are directed to develop and submit a cloud migration plan for all Business Mission Area (BMA) and Enterprise Information Environment Mission Area (EIEMA) systems and applications.
(1) The authoritative listing of all BMA and EIEMA applications can be found on the DON Database Management System (DADMS).
(2) OPNAV N2N6D will work with Echelon II CIOs, Program Executive Office for Digital and Enterprise Services (PEO Digital), and Navy Technical Agents to define the criteria for determining whether applications should to migrate to the cloud.
(3) Goal is to migrate all applications NLT FY27.
b. Plans will be required to be updated and submitted to OPNAV N2N6 each subsequent year by the end of June. These inputs should identify resource requirements for Program Objective Memorandum (POM) development.
c. OPNAV N2N6 will work with Echelon II CIOs to draft a template NLT 30 June 2021. It will include the following:
(1) Cloud migration(s) by fiscal year.
(a) Resources planned and unfunded elements to execute plan.
(b) Key barriers to executing plan.
(c) Acceleration opportunities.
(2) Annual cloud migration metrics validated via DoD information technology (IT) Portfolio Repository-DON (DITPR-DON).
(a) The total number of applications and Development Security Operations (DevSecOps) environments hosted in the cloud.
(b) The number of new applications natively developed in the cloud during the current FY.
(c) Number of remaining applications for planned migration.
(d) Number of applications decommissioned in legacy systems.
(e) Number of remaining applications for planned decommissioning.
(f) Cloud environment(s) utilized.
3. All references and documents addressed in this NAVADMIN can be found on the Navy Cloud Computing site at:
4. Request widest dissemination. This NAVADMIN will remain in effect until cancelled or superseded.
5. Released by VADM Jeffrey E. Trussler, Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Information Warfare, OPNAV N2N6.//