ANNUAL RECERTIFICATION OF SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT PAY:
R 011608Z JUL 19
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/JUN//
SUBJ/ANNUAL RECERTIFICATION OF SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT PAY//
NARR/REF A IS OPNAVINST 1160.6C, SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT PAY PROGRAM.
REF B IS DOD INSTRUCTION 1340.26, ASSIGNMENT AND SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces the annual Special Duty Assignment Pay
(SDAP) recertification process for Fiscal Year 2019. In line with references
(a) and (b), commanding officers (CO) are required to annually review and
certify the entitlement to SDAP of each Sailor. This recertification is to
verify that every Sailor who is assigned to an eligible billet is still
qualified to fill that billet and is receiving the correct level of SDAP.
2. SDAP recertifications will not be forwarded to the Personnel Support
Detachment (PSD). However, any action to start, stop or change the level of
SDAP of a Sailor must be submitted to PSD via the Command Pay/Personnel
Administrator using the Transaction Online Processing System. Certification
shall commence upon the release of this NAVADMIN and continue through 31
August 2019. Failure by commands to complete the required certification by
31 August 2019 will result in stopping the SDAP of their Sailors until the
annual recertification is endorsed by their Immediate Superior In Command
(ISIC) and submitted to Enlisted Incentive Program Department (BUPERS-328).
This endorsement cannot be signed by direction nor by an acting ISIC. A list
of the commands that do not recertify on time will be sent to the Chief of
Naval Personnel and the N1 staffs at U.S. Fleet Forces and U.S. Pacific Fleet
via the Military Pay and Compensation Branch (OPNAV N130). Once the
recertification is submitted, back pay will then be approved.
3. It is recognized that this process is laborious for Sailors and commands
and the Military Pay and Compensation Branch (OPNAV N130) is developing
options for an easier recertification process with the intent to implement in
FY-20. In the meantime, this process needs to continue.
4. To verify if a Sailor is eligible and receiving the correct level of
SDAP, a complete list of authorized skills and pay amounts can be found by
visiting https://www.mnp.navy.mil/group/pay-and-benefits, then clicking on
the *SRB* tab and navigating to the SDAP section on that page.
5. Follow these procedures to certify the SDAP report of your
a. Obtain and print the annual SDAP report of your command.
The annual SDAP report only pulls those Sailors that are currently drawing
(1) The command annual SDAP report may be obtained by sending a
digitally signed e-mail to the SDAP recertification report help desk at
(2) Annual SDAP report requesters are to include their primary unit
identification code (UIC) in the subject line and any required subordinate
UICs in the e-mail body.
(3) Reports will only be provided to Command Career Management
System-Interactive Detailing (CMS-ID) users with the Activity Manning Manager
(AMM) role. Requester must have CMS-ID AMM access for all subordinate UICs
requested. Commands with no AMM will need to submit a CMS-ID AMM access
request which can be found by visiting
https://www.mnp.navy.mil/group/mnpmain, then clicking on *Quick Links*, then
clicking on the *NPC* tab. Under the tab labeled *enlisted* click *CMS-ID*.
(4) The SDAP report will be returned as an attachment either in an
encrypted e-mail or via the U. S. Army Aviation and Missile Research
Development and Engineering Center (AMRDEC) SAFE access file exchange
process. AMRDEC SAFE will send an e-mail from no- email@example.com
with specific instructions on how to access and download the file.
b. Verify your command as a whole and make changes as follows:
(1) Add all Sailors who are eligible for SDAP, but not listed in the
annual SDAP report. To add, simply handwrite or type the name, rate,
effective date and level on the bottom of the annual SDAP report. If there
is not enough space, attach a list on command letterhead.
(2) Draw a line through any Sailor who is no longer eligible and put
a brief description as to why they are no longer eligible
(transfer/separation/loss of Navy enlisted classifications).
(3) Verify levels are in line with the most recent SDAP eligibility
chart by visiting https://www.mnp.navy.mil/group/pay-and-benefits, then
clicking on the *SRB* tab and navigating to the SDAP section on that page.
(4) The original signature of the CO must be on each page of the
annual SDAP report accompanied by the following statement:
*After review, I certify that all required additions and changes have been
annotated, actions required to start, stop, increase or decrease has been
processed via PSD prior to submission of recertification and all Sailors at
this command are receiving the correct SDAP entitlement. This statement can
be handwritten, typed or put on with a label. A cover letter is not required
and only recommended if the command needs more space for Sailors added.
(5) Provide a point of contact in the top right-hand corner of the
first page of the annual SDAP report.
(6) Send the SDAP report via encrypted e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org. The e-mail subject line must contain UIC and
point of contact with rate, name, phone number and e-mail.
(7) If you are having trouble sending encrypted e-mail, ensure that
your encryption e-mail certificate is posted to the global address list. If
you are still having encryption issues, contact BUPERS-328 at (901) 874-3260/
(8) E-mail is the preferred method, but if you need to send the
report via regular mail, please send to:
Navy Personnel Command
Enlisted Incentive Program Department (BUPERS-328)
5720 Integrity Drive
Millington TN 38055-0130
6. Each command is responsible for ensuring updates are made to the records
of the Sailor through the servicing PSD of the command. No changes will be
made by Navy Personnel Command as part of the annual recertification process.
If changes are required by BUPERS-328, then send via separate correspondence
with Sailors name in the subject line of the e-mail.
7. Commands can check the status of their SDAP recertification at
https://www.mnp.navy.mil/group/pay-and-benefits, then clicking on the *SRB*
tab and navigating to the SDAP section on that page.
Commands are strongly encouraged to use this site to ensure all subordinate
commands have completed the recertification. Please allow 5 to 10 days after
submission for the webpage to be updated.
8. Point of contact via e-mail email@example.com, at
(901) 874-3260/DSN 882.
9. This NAVADMIN will remain in effect until superseded or 1 October 2019,
whichever occurs first.
10. Released by Vice Admiral John B. Nowell, Jr, N1.//