ANNUAL RECERTIFICATION OF SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT PAY:
R 021609Z JUL 21 MID200000969136U
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/JUL//
SUBJ/ANNUAL RECERTIFICATION OF SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT PAY//
NARR/REF A IS OPNAVINST 1160.6C, SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT PAY PROGRAM.
REF B IS DOD INSTRUCTION 1340.26 CHANGE 1, ASSIGNMENT AND SPECIAL DUTY
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces the annual special duty assignment pay
(SDAP) recertification process for fiscal year (FY) 2021. In line with
references (a) and (b), commanding officers (CO) are required to annually
review and certify the entitlement to SDAP for each Sailor. This
recertification is vital in verifying that every Sailor who is assigned to an
eligible billet remains qualified to fill that billet and is receiving the
correct level of SDAP.
2. Certification shall commence upon the release of this NAVADMIN and
continue through 31 August 2021. Enlisted Incentive Program Department
(BUPERS-328) will stop SDAP for all SDAP recipients at all commands failing
to complete the recertification process on time. Commands should prioritize
timely completion of this process to preclude pay disruptions for eligible
Sailors. SDAP recertification reports received at BUPERS-328 will not be
forwarded to the servicing personnel support detachment (PSD). Any action
required to start, stop or change the level of SDAP of a Sailor must be
submitted to PSD via the command pay and personnel administrator
(CPPA) using the transaction online processing system (TOPS).
3. To verify if a Sailor is eligible and receiving the correct level of
SDAP, a complete list of authorized skills and pay amounts can be found by
visiting the MyNavy Portal (MNP) website at
Management/Enlisted-Career-Admin/SRB-SDAP-Enl-Bonus/, then scroll to
and click on *SDAP Levels with Admin Updates.*
4. Follow these procedures to certify the SDAP report of your Command.
a. Obtain and print the annual SDAP report of your command. The annual
SDAP report only pulls those Sailors that are currently drawing SDAP. The
report will not highlight potentially eligible Sailors who are not currently
(1) The command annual SDAP report may be obtained by sending a
digitally signed e-mail to the SDAP recertification report help desk at
firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact BUPERS-328 at
(901)874-3260/DSN 882 for additional assistance with this process.
(2) Annual SDAP report requesters are to include their primary unit
identification code (UIC) in the subject line and any required subordinate
UICs in the e-mail body.
(3) Reports will only be provided to command career management
system-interactive detailing (CMS-ID) users with the activity manning manager
(AMM) role. Requester must have CMS-ID AMM access for all subordinate UICs
requested. Commands with no AMM will need to submit a CMS-ID AMM access
request which can be found by visiting the MNP website at
(4) The SDAP report will be returned as an attachment either in an
encrypted e-mail or via the Department of Defense Secure Access File Exchange
b. Verify your command as a whole and make changes as follows:
(1) Add all Sailors who are eligible for SDAP, but not listed in the
annual SDAP report. To add, simply handwrite or type the name, rate,
effective date and level on the bottom of the annual SDAP report. If there
is not enough space, attach a list on command letterhead.
(2) Draw a line through any Sailor who is no longer eligible and
provide a brief description (transfer/separation/loss of Navy enlisted
(3) Verify levels are in line with the most recent SDAP
eligibility chart by visiting the MNP website at
Management/Enlisted-Career-Admin/SRB-SDAP-Enl-Bonus, then scroll to and click
on *SDAP Levels with Admin Updates.*
(4) The original signature of the CO must be on each page of the
annual SDAP report accompanied by the following statement, *After review, I
certify that all required additions and changes have been annotated, actions
required to start, stop, increase or decrease has been processed via PSD
prior to submission of recertification and all Sailors at this command are
receiving the correct SDAP entitlement.* This statement can be handwritten,
typed or affixed by a label. A cover letter is not required, however it
may be included if additional space is required to add SDAP eligible Sailors
or if an explanation of changes is warranted.
(5) Provide a point of contact in the top right-hand corner of the
first page of the annual SDAP report.
(6) Send the SDAP report via encrypted e-mail to
email@example.com. The e-mail subject line must
contain UIC and point of contact with rate, name, phone number and
e-mail. You may also contact BUPERS-328 at (901)874-3260/DSN 882 for
additional assistance with this process.
(7) If you are having trouble sending encrypted e-mail, ensure that
your encryption e-mail certificate is posted to the global address list. If
you are still having encryption issues, contact BUPERS-328 at (901) 874-
(8) E-mail is the preferred method, but if you need to send the
report via regular mail, please send to
Navy Personnel Command
Enlisted Incentive Program Department (BUPERS-328)
5720 Integrity Drive
Millington TN 38055-0130
5. Should a service record or payment update becomes necessary, each command
is responsible for completing this action though their local servicing
PSD. All corrective transactions older than 240 days will be processed by
BUPERS-328 via an emailed request submitted to
6. Commands can check the status of their SDAP recertification at
Management/Enlisted-Career-Admin/SRB-SDAP-Enl-Bonus, then scroll to the SDAP
section and click on *SDAP Delinquent List.* Immediate superior in commands
(ISIC) are strongly encouraged to use this site to ensure all subordinate
commands have completed the recertification. Please allow 5 to 10 days after
submission for the webpage to be updated.
7. For commands who had SDAP payments stopped as a result of failing to
complete the required process in time, SDAP can only be restored by BUPERS-
328. SDAP can be restored for delinquent commands upon completion of the
directed recertification process with the added requirement of an ISIC
endorsement. This endorsement cannot be signed by direction nor by an acting
ISIC. A list of delinquent commands will be forwarded to the Chief of Naval
Personnel and the N1 staffs at U.S. Fleet Forces and U.S. Pacific Fleet via
the Military Pay and Compensation Branch (OPNAV N130). Once the
recertification and ISIC endorsement are received by BUPERS-328, suspended
SDAP payments will resume, to include back pay for any missed payments.
8. It is recognized that the recertification process is burdensome for
Sailors and commands. OPNAV N130 is working with Navy Pay and Personnel
(NP2) programmers to embed recertification functions within the next
generation of pay systems to improve process efficiency. Until these systems
are deployed, the current process must be followed with care to ensure
continued payment of entitlements to all eligible Sailors.
9. Point of contact. BUPERS-328, firstname.lastname@example.org,
(901) 874-3260/DSN 882.
10. This NAVADMIN will remain in effect until superseded or 1 October 2021,
whichever occurs first.
11. Released by Vice Admiral John B. Nowell, Jr, N1.//