2014 NATIONAL NAVAL OFFICERS ASSOCIATION PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING CONFERENCE (CORRECTED COPY):
RTTUZYUW RHOIAAA0001 1891503-UUUU--RHSSSUU
R 081456Z JUL 14
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/JUL//
SUBJ/2014 NATIONAL NAVAL OFFICERS ASSOCIATION PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND
TRAINING CONFERENCE (CORRECTED COPY)//
AMFN/REF A IS DEPUTY CHIEF MANAGEMENT OFFICER MEMO, IMPLEMENTATION
OF UPDATED CONFERENCE OVERSIGHT REQUIREMENTS.//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces the 2014 National Naval Officers Association
(NNOA) 42nd Annual Professional Development and Training Conference which
will be held 9-11 July 2014 at Marine Corps Base, Quantico, Virginia.
2. NNOA is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing professional
development through networking, education, and mentorship of minority
officers from all three maritime armed forces * the United States Navy,
Marine Corps, and Coast Guard. The conference provides educational and
professional development workshops, seminars, and exhibits designed to
enhance the professional knowledge of attendees while increasing overall
awareness of issues affecting the sea services.
3. Navy-funded participation for this conference has been approved within a
limited scope. Navy will sponsor 80 service members by funding their
conference registration fees. All Navy-funded registrations will be
coordinated through the Navy Office of Diversity and Inclusion and will
require participation in brief pre- and post-event surveys.
4. Commands shall not fund registrations. Commands are not authorized to
expend travel funds, including lodging, transportation, meals and incidental
expenses. The filing of temporary additional duty or local travel claims for
this conference is not authorized. All other participation is at the service
5. Points of contact to obtain conference registration reservations are:
a. LCDR Shaletha Moran at (703) 604-5081/DSN 664 or via e-mail
b. LT Kalen Kropa at (703) 604-5075/DSN 664 or via e-mail at
6. More information can be found on the NNOA website at www.nnoa.org.
7. This message is canceled for record purposes on 30 September 2014.
8. Released by Vice Admiral W. F. Moran, N1.//