TIER 1 TACTICAL COMBAT CASUALTY CARE IMPLEMENTATION:
R 141816Z JUL 21 MID600050802337U
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTION DC/N1/JUL//
SUBJ/TIER 1 TACTICAL COMBAT CASUALTY CARE IMPLEMENTATION//
NARR/REF A IS OPNAVINST 1500.86, TACTICAL COMBAT CASUALTY CARE TRAINING.
REF B IS DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE INSTRUCTION 1322.21, COMMON MILITARY TRAINING.
REF C IS ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF DEFENSE FOR HEALTH AFFAIRS (ASD(HA))
MEMORANDUM DIRECTING TACTICAL COMBAT CASUALTY CARE (TCCC) TIER 1
REF D IS ASD(HA) MEMORANDUM DIRECTING SOLE USE OF DEFENSE HEALTH AGENCY (DHA)
TCCC TRAUMA SKILLS CURRICULUM FOR ALL FIRST AID, SELF-AID AND BUDDY CARE
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces the issuance of reference (a) and directs
the implementation of Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) Tier 1 All Service
Member (ASM) training as part of unit pre- deployment training and
certification. U.S. Fleet Forces (USFF) and U.S. Pacific Fleet (PACFLT),
through the type commanders (TYCOM), will ensure their units receive TCCC
Tier 1 ASM training prior to deployment in line with references (a), (b) and
a. USFF and PACFLT:
(1) Ensure deploying units meet the standardized TCCC Tier 1 ASM
training certification requirements in line with references (a) and (d).
(2) Ensure individual training certification completion for TCCC Tier
1 is documented in the Fleet Training Management and Planning System
(3) Maintain primary responsibility for the implementation and
sustainment of TCCC Tier 1 ASM training.
(4) Coordinate with Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED) for
support with TCCC Tier 1 ASM training needs and requirements.
(5) In coordination with Commander, Naval Reserve Forces (CNRC),
provide TCCC Tier 1 ASM training for Reserve Individual Augmentee and
deploying Reserve Component personnel.
(1) Ensure all BUMED trauma skills curriculum development and
delivery meets current standardized Defense Health Agency TCCC Tier 1
standards in line with references (a) and (d).
(2) Provide support for TCCC Tier 1 ASM training via cognizant Navy
medicine readiness and training commands or units.
(3) Support USFF and PACFLT in identifying and developing training
needed for TCCC Tier 1 implementation.
3. Individual, command training departments/training officers, or learning
sites are responsible for recording locally completed training in FLTMPS.
The following course identification number will be used to document
individual completion of TCCC Tier 1:
B-300-2010 TCCC Tier 1 All Service Member (ASM).
4. USFF and PACFLT will report completion of TCCC Tier 1 implementation to
Navy Education, Strategy, Policy and Training Branch (OPNAV N13M7) via the
point of contact (POC) in paragraph 5.
5. POC. LCDR Jonathan Greenberg, OPNAV N13M7, email at
6. This NAVADMIN will remain in effect until superseded or cancelled,
whichever occurs first.
7. Released by Vice Admiral John B. Nowell, Jr, N1.//