RTTUZYUW RUEWMCS0000 1682318-UUUU-RUCRNAD.
R 172318Z JUN 13
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/JUN//
SUBJ/RECRUITING ENLISTMENT AND AFFILIATION BONUSES FOR SELECTED
RESERVE ENLISTED PERSONNEL//
REF/A/MSG/CNO WASHINGTON DC/031921ZJAN12//
NARR/REF (A) IS NAVADMIN 001/12, RECRUITING ENLISTMENT AND AFFILIATION
BONUSES FOR SELECTED RESERVE ENLISTED PERSONNEL. REF (B) IS RESPERS
M-1001.5 NAVY RESERVE PERSONNEL MANUAL. REF (C) IS COMNAVRESFORINST
1780.1C, MONTGOMERY GI BILL - SELECTED RESERVE CHAPTER 1606 BASIC AND
KICKER PROGRAM POLICY GUIDANCE. REF (D) IS MILPERSMAN 1160-030,
CERTAIN ENLISTMENTS AND REENLISTMENT UNDER CONTINUOUS SERVICE
CONDITIONS. REF (E) IS DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
RMKS/1. Effective two weeks (14 calendar days) from release, this
NAVADMIN supersedes ref (a) and provides the current bonus listing of
eligible specialties for Selected Reserve (SELRES) Prior Service
Affiliation Bonuses and SELRES New Accession Training (NAT) Enlistment
Bonuses (EB). Full eligibility criteria listed in ref (b) remain in
effect, unless modified in this message. Bonus authority in this
NAVADMIN is effective through the end of fiscal year 2013 unless
2. To maintain operational effectiveness, our Navy must attract the
highest quality recruits and prior service veterans. A vigorous
recruiting plan requires flexible tools to ensure we recruit the
correct number of Sailors with the right skills to optimize our
3. The following paragraphs provide details for each program.
a. General: All bonuses governed by this message will be paid in
installments. The initial payment will equal fifty percent of the
total bonus amount except as noted in para 3.a.(4). Eligibility for
anniversary payments is contingent upon member maintaining
satisfactory participation, per ref (b), in the designated rate/rating
or specialty for each year of their bonus contract.
(1) NAT bonus anniversary payments will be made in five equal
(2) In-rate Affiliation/Prior Service EB anniversary payments
will be made annually for two or five years based upon a three or six
year obligation, respectively.
(3) Prior Service Reenlistment Eligibility-Reserve (PRISE-R)
Bonus recipients will receive the second installment equal to the
remaining fifty percent after completing requirements to make their
(4) Direct Procurement Enlistment Program and Direct
Conversion Other Service Veterans will not receive any payments until
completing all requirements to make their rate permanent.
b. Service obligation for Affiliation/Prior Service EB.
(1) Extensions are not authorized to gain eligibility for
(2) PRISE-R program requires a six year enlistment to qualify
for a bonus.
(3) In-rate affiliations may qualify for a three year bonus or
a six year bonus based on length of enlistment and written agreement.
Four or five year enlistments may only receive a three-year bonus.
(4) Ref (d) authorizes Sailors who enlist or reenlist within
three months (six months for career reenlistment objectives 1 and 2
ratings) of their discharge or release from active duty to reenlist
under continuous service conditions.
(5) Prior service members with remaining Ready Reserve
obligation of 12-months or greater who do not meet continuous service
conditions described above are authorized to enlist at the time of
affiliation provided the new contract end date exceeds their remaining
Ready Reserve obligation and current expiration of service.
(6) Prior Service members qualified for SELRES affiliation who
incurred a three year Ready Reserve obligation to receive involuntary
separation pay are authorized to reenlist at the time of affiliation
under the provisions of para 3.b.(5).
c. Prior service affiliation bonus.
(1) Eligibility criteria:
(a) Must not have completed more than 16 years of total
military service from their pay entry base date prior to their current
(b) Must not have been a member of the Navy Selected
Reserve within the 12-months preceding their current
4. Prior Service Affiliation Bonus Tier amounts:
Tier Term Total Initial Anniversary
1 6-year $20,000 $10,000 5 of $2,000
3-year $10,000 $5,000 2 of $2,500
2 6-year $15,000 $7,500 5 of $1,500
3-year $7,500 $3,750 2 of $1,875
3 6-year $10,000 $5,000 5 of $1,000
3-year $5,000 $2,500 2 of $1,250
5. Affiliation/Prior Service Enlistment Bonus eligible specialties
and bonus Tier levels. Where "Any" is listed in the "NEC" column,
anyone in that rating is eligible regardless of Navy Enlisted
Classification (NEC). PRISE-R candidates are only eligible to receive
bonuses for ratings listed without specific NEC requirements.
a. Tier 1
b. Tier 2
c. Tier 3
6. NAT program EB:
a. Bonus eligibility date is determined by the date a Sailor
enlists (enters Delayed Entry Program), vice the active duty service
b. Per ref (b), NAT enlistees who reclassify on or after the date
of this message are subject to this message.
7. NAT bonus Tier amounts:
Tier Term Total Initial Anniversary
1 6-Year $20,000 $10,000 5 of $2,000
2 6-Year $15,000 $7,500 5 of $1,500
3 6-Year $10,000 $5,000 5 of $1,000
4 6-Year $5,000 $2,500 5 of $500
8. NAT bonus eligible specialties and bonus Tier levels.
a. Tier 1
b. Tier 2
c. Tier 3
d. Tier 4
9. Bonus eligible Sailors who enlist for six years may apply for the
Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve Kicker program provided they meet
all program eligibility criteria contained in ref (c).
10. Eligibility determination and bonus application procedures.
a. Recruiters shall:
(1) Determine Sailor's eligibility for Affiliation or EB per
this message and ref (b). For assistance in determining eligibility,
contact COMNAVRESFORCOM (N11) Incentive Program Specialists at
(757) 322-2653/2649/6735/2656/DSN 262 or via e-mail at
(2) Complete bonus written agreement in the Reserve Bonus
Application Module (RBAM). Effective with this NAVADMIN, this is the
only authorized method to complete enlisted bonus written agreements.
RBAM can be accessed via the Navy Reserve Homeport at
(3) Recruiters unable to access RBAM should contact an
Incentive Program Specialist per para 10.a.(1) for guidance.
(4) Forward the completed incentive written agreement with all
enlistment documentation (i.e., DD Form 4, Enlistment Program
Guarantee Annex, DD Form 1966, PRISE-R Page 13, etc.) to the Sailor's
gaining Navy Reserve activity.
b. Career Transition Office Transition Assistants shall:
(1) Determine Sailor's eligibility for Affiliation Bonus per
this message and ref (b). Contact COMNAVRESFORCOM (N11) for
assistance in determining bonus eligibility.
(2) Complete bonus written agreement in RBAM. Effective with
this NAVADMIN, this is the only authorized method to complete enlisted
bonus written agreements. RBAM can be accessed via the Navy Reserve
Homeport at https://private.navyreserve.navy.mil/cnrfc/n-codes/n1/
(3) Forward the completed incentive written agreement and all
supporting documentation to the Sailor's Navy Reserve activity.
c. Navy Reserve activities shall:
(1) Verify accuracy of the Affiliation/EB written agreement
per this message.
(2) Ensure bonus eligible NEC is listed as member's primary
NEC or secondary NEC in Navy Standard Integrated Personnel System
prior to submission to COMNAVRESFORCOM for payment.
(3) Scan and submit all required documents listed on the CNRFC
N112 Enlisted Incentives Homeport as a single (multiple pages) PDF
file to COMNAVRESFORCOM (N11) via RBAM. Missing documents will delay
bonus payment. If unable to scan documents, contact an Incentive
Program Specialist for guidance.
11. Termination and recoupment. Per ref (b), failure to complete the
terms of the incentive obligation will result in termination of bonus
a. Certain conditions affecting participation will result in
recoupment of the unearned portion of the bonus entitlement per ref
(b) para 7.b.
b. Recoupment is at discretion of Secretarial Process when a
member fails to complete the terms of the incentive obligation in the
following circumstances in accordance with (IAW) with the complete
policy cited for each circumstance. Note that recoupment action will
be initiated for these circumstances, until and unless the Secretarial
Process waives or remits recoupment:
(1) Separation for medical reasons not covered by ref (b) para
7.a.(3), IAW ref (e) Table 2-1, Rule 3;
(2) Medical reasons preclude completion of incentive
obligation, but member is not separated and continues in another
capacity IAW ref (e) Table 2-1, Rule 4;
(3) The Secretarial Process determines that recoupment is
contrary to a personnel policy or management objective, against equity
or good conscience, or contrary to the best interest of the United
States IAW ref (e).
12. Interested personnel are highly encouraged to contact a local
recruiter to determine their eligibility.
13. Point of contact is Mr. Jim Johnson, CNRFC (N1C21), at
(757) 322-2244/DSN 262 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
14. Released by Vice Admiral S. R. Van Buskirk, N1.//