APPLICATION FOR ASSIGNMENT ON NAVY ESPORTS TEAM:
R 231540Z AUG 22 MID200080147562U
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/AUG//
SUBJ/APPLICATION FOR ASSIGNMENT ON NAVY ESPORTS TEAM//
AMPN/REF A IS MILPERSMAN 1306-964, RECRUITING DUTY.//
RMKS/1. The purpose of this NAVADMIN is to solicit applications for
the official Navy Esports Team, Goats and Glory, by Commander, Navy
Recruiting Command (CNRC). The Navy Esports Team significantly
contributes to the multi-faceted outreach campaign of CNRC by
engaging with prospective Sailors online and at gaming venues.
Centennials are moving into digital spaces for most of their content
consumption and social interactions, and the Esports domain is one
of the most popular and vibrant online arenas to date. Connecting
and attracting the best talent requires the Navy to be in the same
spaces where those future Sailors reside.
2. The qualifications and requirements to become a team member are
identical to those needed for recruiting duty. Reference (a)
provides further details.
3. Applicants will be screened for ability, team fit, and
recruiting duty. Upon approval, they will receive 3-year orders to
CNRC, Millington, TN. Selected team members will receive recruiting
training at Navy Recruiter Orientation Unit (NORU), Pensacola, FL,
en route to CNRC. The intent of NORU training will be to further
develop communication skills and to ensure team members understand
the types of information sought by those inquiring about service in
4. Goats and Glory team members operate at the Navy Esports
facility, which is specifically designed for the team to practice,
stream, and compete. Team members will develop a routine streaming
cadence, encouraging followers and viewers to interact with the
members and outreach content, and compete against high schools and
colleges across the country.
5. Team member applications will be accepted via a portal on the
CNRC website only during a specified timeframe. The next submission
window is 1 September through 1 October 2022.
6. Additional Information:
a. Detailed requirements for this program are listed on the
CNRC website and should be reviewed thoroughly by individuals prior
to submission. The website provides topic-specific information such
(1) An overview of the program.
(2) Submission portal for program application.
(3) Next available submission window.
b. For information regarding the Navy Esports Team:
(1) Visit MyNavy Portal at https://my.navy.mil//.
(2) Select *Quick Links*.
(3) Select *NRC*, this will direct you to
(4) Under the CNRC webpage select *NRC Links*.
(5) Select *Esports*.
7. The point of contact is LT Aaron Jones, Navy Esports Division
Director, at email@example.com.
8. Released by Vice Admiral Richard J. Cheeseman, Jr., N1.//