2021 NHHC MUSEUM EXCELLENCE AWARDS WINNERS:
R 311908Z AUG 21 MID200001090922U
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
MSGID/NAVADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/DNS//
SUBJ/2021 NHHC MUSEUM EXCELLENCE AWARDS WINNERS//
AMPN/REF A ANNOUNCED CREATION OF NHHC MUSEUM EXCELLENCE AWARDS AND CALLED FOR
RMKS/1. The Director of the Naval History and Heritage Command (NHHC)
announces the winners of the 2021 Museum Excellence Awards.
2. RADM(Ret) Cox announced the annual NHHC Museum Excellence Awards in
reference (a) and requested submitted nominations to recognize the work of
organizations, museums, and individuals who use NHHC publications, documents,
and artifacts in exhibits, published research, preservation, or lectures to
publicly share the story of the U.S. Navy.
3. Congratulations to the winners and Bravo Zulu to all the entrants as the
overall quality of submissions and dedication to museum excellence in the
contest this initial year was remarkable.
4. Winners of the 2021 Museum Excellence Award
a. Museum Overall Excellence Award:
(1) Large Category: Homeport Alliance for Battleship New Jersey
(2) Small Category: Pacific Fleet Submarine Memorial Association
b. Curatorial Excellence Award:
(1) Large Category: Battleship Missouri Memorial
c. Maintenance Excellence Award:
(1) Large Category: USS Midway Museum and USS Alabama Battleship
(2) Small Category: Destroyer Escort Historical Museum USS SLATER
(3) Other Category: The Mariners Museum and Park
5. Winners will be presented with a plaque, certificate, and pennant at the
Historic Naval Ships Association Annual Meeting, 25 Sep 2021.
6. For questions, please contact Mr. David Adams, NHHC: email:
7. Released by Mr. Andrew S. Haeuptle, Director, Navy Staff.//