2019 VICE ADMIRAL JAMES BOND STOCKDALE LEADERSHIP AWARD WINNERS:
R 091339Z SEP 19
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/AUG//
SUBJ/2019 VICE ADMIRAL JAMES BOND STOCKDALE LEADERSHIP AWARD WINNERS//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces the 2019 recipients of the Vice Admiral
James Bond Stockdale Leadership Award. Commander Patrick OLoughlin,
Commanding Officer, USS FORREST SHERMAN (DDG 98)(U.S. Fleet Forces) and
Commander Carl Trask, Commanding Officer, USS CONNECTICUT (SSN 22)(U.S.
Pacific Fleet) were selected for their inspirational leadership.
2. This fleet award was established in honor of VADM James Bond Stockdale,
whose distinguished naval career symbolized the highest standards of
excellence in both personal example and leadership. The award is presented
annually to two commissioned officers on active duty in the grade of
commander or below who are serving in command of a single ship, submarine,
aviation squadron, Sea, Air, and Land (SEAL) team, naval special warfare
squadron, SEAL delivery vehicle team, special boat team, explosive ordnance
disposal mobile unit, mobile diving and salvage unit or Navy special
clearance team during the nomination cycle. Candidates are nominated by
peers who themselves must be eligible for the award.
3. The 2019 winners were chosen from among six outstanding finalists in a
review process that included screening at the fleet commander level and final
selection by a board of senior officers.
4. The following finalists deserve well-earned congratulations:
a. U.S. Pacific Fleet finalists:
(1) CDR Sean P. Lewis, Commanding Officer,
USS STERETT (DDG 104).
(2) CDR Corey Poorman, Commanding Officer,
USS PASADENA (SSN 752).
(3) CDR Steven J. Shauberger, Commanding Officer, Electronic
Attack Squadron ONE THREE FIVE (VAQ-135).
b. U.S. Fleet Forces finalist:
(1) CDR Troy Tartaglia, Commanding Officer, Patrol Squadron
ONE SIX (VP-16).
5. CDR Patrick OLoughlin and CDR Carl Trask, as well as all nominees, should
be justifiably proud of their achievements.
6. Awards will be presented at a ceremony to be determined at a later date.
7. This NAVADMIN will be kept for record purposes and will remain in effect
until canceled or superseded.
8. Released by Vice Admiral John B. Nowell, Jr, N1.//