PROGRAM FOR EMERGING LEADERS (PEL), NATIONAL DEFENSE UNIVERSITY CENTER FOR THE STUDY OF WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION - CALL FOR APPLICATIONS:
R 261318Z SEP 14 PSN 866962K37
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ/PROGRAM FOR EMERGING LEADERS (PEL), NATIONAL DEFENSE UNIVERSITY CENTER
FOR THE STUDY OF WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION - CALL FOR APPLICATIONS//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/DNS/SEP//
RMKS/1. The National Defense University Center for the Study of Weapons of
Mass Destruction (WMD) is now accepting applications for its Program for
Emerging Leaders (PEL).
2. PEL is open to early- to mid-career military (O3-O4) and civilian (GS11-
13) personnel with job responsibilities related to national security.
Candidates must demonstrate leadership potential within their
agency/organization and have an interest in learning about WMD and related
issues. The goal of this program is to provide members a foundation for
thinking about WMD and a valuable professional development opportunity that
allows them to participate with minimal disruption to their normal duties.
3. Candidates are not required to have WMD experience. However, candidates
must be U.S. citizens and possess an active SECRET clearance. Additionally,
candidates must be available to attend the mandatory Summer Immersion to be
held in Washington, DC during the week of 1-5 June 2015.
4. This program is provided at no cost to participants or their parent
activities. Program membership will be approximately 25 military and
civilian personnel from across the Unites States Government.
5. For information about the PEL, please visit http://pel.dodlive.mil.
Instructions for applying to the program can be found at
http://pel.dodlive.mil/applying-to-the-program/. The PEL posts a call for
nominations with application instructions on its website in September.
Applications consist of a cover page, a letter of nomination, a personal
statement, a resume, and a transcript.
6. Applications are due no later than 19 December 2014. Multiple applicants
from the same organization must be ranked.
7. For any questions regarding PEL, contact the Program Manager, Ms. Hannah
Kraushaar at email@example.com; (202) 685-3127 or the Program Director,
Dr. Natasha Bajema at firstname.lastname@example.org;
8. Released by Vice Admiral S. H. Swift, Director, Navy Staff.//