2022 VICE ADMIRAL JAMES BOND STOCKDALE LEADERSHIP AWARD WINNERS:
R 121543Z OCT 22 MID200080339189U
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/OCT//
SUBJ/2022 VICE ADMIRAL JAMES BOND STOCKDALE LEADERSHIP AWARD WINNERS//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces the 2022 Recipients of the Vice
Admiral James Bond Stockdale Leadership Award. Commander Adam J.
Thomas, former Commanding Officer, USS ALASKA (SSBN 732) (GOLD)
(U.S. Fleet Forces Command) and Commander John W. Keefe, Commanding
Officer, Explosive Ordnance Disposal Mobile Unit FIVE (EODMU 5)
(U.S. Pacific Fleet) were selected for their inspirational leadership.
2. This Fleet award was established in honor of VADM James Bond
Stockdale, whose distinguished naval career symbolized the highest
standards of excellence in both personal and professional leadership.
The award is presented annually to two commissioned officers on
active duty in the grade of commander or below who are serving in
command of a single ship, submarine, aviation squadron, Sea, Air,
Land (SEAL) team, naval special warfare squadron, SEAL delivery
vehicle team, special boat team, explosive ordnance disposal mobile
unit, mobile diving and salvage unit or Navy special clearance team
during the nomination cycle. Candidates are nominated by peers who
themselves must be eligible for the award.
3. The 2022 winners were chosen from among 10 outstanding finalists
in a review process that included screening at the Fleet Commander
level and final selection by a board of senior officers.
4. The following finalists deserve well-earned congratulations:
a. U.S. Pacific Fleet finalists:
(1) CDR Robert J. McDowell, Commanding Officer,
USS JEFFERSON CITY (SSN 759).
(2) CDR Travis A. Montplaisir, Commanding Officer,
USS HOWARD (DDG 83).
(3) CDR Eric M. Ponsart, Commanding Officer, Fleet Logistics
Multi-Mission Squadron FIVE ZERO (VRM 50).
(4) CDR Joseph W. Snyder, Commanding Officer, Patrol
Squadron FOUR SIX (VP 46).
b. U.S. Fleet Forces finalists:
(1) CDR Brian A. Forster, Commanding Officer,
USS MILWAUKEE (LCS 5).
(2) CDR Alexander P. Armatas, Commanding Officer,
Strike Fighter Squadron ONE ZERO FIVE (VFA 105).
(3) CDR Thomas H. Van Hoozer, Commanding Officer,
Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron FIVE (HSC 5).
(4) CDR Bennett M. Christman, Commanding Officer,
USS NEW HAMPSHIRE (SSN 778).
5. CDR Thomas and CDR Keefe, as well as all of the finalists, should be
justifiably proud of their achievements.
6. Awards will be presented at a ceremony to be promulgated at a later date.
7. This NAVADMIN will be kept for record purposes and will remain in effect
until canceled or superseded, whichever occurs first.
8. Released by Vice Admiral Richard J. Cheeseman, Jr., N1.//
Official source for this NAVADMIN