REMOVAL OF REQUIREMENT TO QUALIFY SENIOR IN RATE PRIOR TO ASSIGNMENT OF THE N71Z NEC FOR NUCLEAR TRAINED SAILORS:
R 272043Z OCT 22 MID200080399034U
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/OCT//
SUBJ/REMOVAL OF REQUIREMENT TO QUALIFY SENIOR IN RATE PRIOR TO ASSIGNMENT OF
THE N71Z NEC FOR NUCLEAR TRAINED SAILORS//
MPN/REF A IS OPNAVINST 1220.1F, CHANGING OR REMOVING NAVY ENLISTED
CLASSIFICATIONS CODES FOR NUCLEAR PROPULSION PLANT PERSONNEL.//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces a change to the requirements to be assigned
the aircraft carrier (nuclear propulsion) Propulsion Plant Local Area Network
(PPLAN) administrator Navy enlisted classification (NEC) (N71Z).
2. Effective immediately, this NAVADMIN removes the requirement for a
nuclear trained Sailor to be qualified in their senior-in-rate watch station
in line with reference (a) prior to being assigned the NEC N71Z.
3. The requirements to be assigned the NEC N71Z PPLAN administrator are as
a. Sailor holds primary or secondary nuclear NEC (N1XO, N2XO, N1XS, or
b. Complete Network Plus or CompTIA A+ certification.
c. Attend approved naval reactors hands-on training developed by the
naval nuclear laboratory.
4. In line with reference (a), the requirement to submit a Navy Enlisted
Classification (NEC) Change Request, NAVPERS 1221/6, to Nuclear Enlisted
Community Manager (OPNAV N133D) prior to NEC assignment remains in effect.
5. Point of contact: Nuclear Enlisted Programs and Community Manager (OPNAV
N133D2A) at (703)604-5492 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. This message will remain in effect until superseded or
7. Released by Vice Admiral Richard J. Cheeseman, Jr., N1.//
Official source for this NAVADMIN