ACADEMIC YEAR 2022/23 ENLISTED CYBER MASTER OF SCIENCE DEGREE OPPORTUNITY AT NAVAL POSTGRADUATE SCHOOL:
R 221509Z NOV 21 MID600051208928U
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
MSGID/NAVADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N2N6/NOV//
SUBJ/ACADEMIC YEAR 2022/23 ENLISTED CYBER MASTER OF SCIENCE DEGREE
OPPORTUNITY AT NAVAL POSTGRADUATE SCHOOL//
NARR/REF A IS OPNAVINST 1160.8A, SELECTIVE REENLISTMENT BONUS PROGRAM.
REF B IS OPNAVINST 1520.23C, GRADUATE EDUCATION.//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN solicits enlisted Sailor applications for enrollment
in the Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) 15-month Master of Science in Applied
Cyber Operations (MACO) program. This opportunity is one of many efforts to
increase Cyber capabilities for the Navy, while building a professional Cyber
2. This program is available to E-6 and above Active Duty and Full-Time
Support members in the Information Systems Technician (IT) and Cryptologic
Technician-Networks (CTN) ratings. Eligibility criteria and nomination
process are located at the Navy Information Warfare Outreach Page on milSuite
at https://www.milsuite.mil/book/docs/DOC-526186 (common access card e-mail
certificate login required). NPS applications must be submitted to NPS no
later than 14 January 2022.
3. Selectees will be assigned to Navy-funded education as full-time students
under permanent change of station orders to Monterey, CA, with either a
September 2022 or March 2023 start. As full-time students, Sailors will be
required to carry a full academic load year-round. Degree requirements
should be completed in 15 months.
4. Applications must be sent via encrypted e-mail or DOD SAFE
(https://safe.apps.mil/) to firstname.lastname@example.org within two weeks of
notification of conditional acceptance by NPS.
5. Selection results will be disseminated via official e-mail from a Naval
Information Force (NAVIFOR) MACO Program Officer. Due to the highly
-competitive nature of this program, notification of selection via official
e-mail is a binding commitment which selectees must accept or decline within
five working days of receipt.
6. The point of contact for this program can be contacted via e-mail at
7. This message will remain in effect until superseded, or 1 September 2022,
whichever occurs first.
8. Released by VADM Jeffrey E. Trussler, Deputy Chief Of Naval Operations
For Information Warfare, OPNAV N2N6.//