CNO GUIDANCE TO THE FLEET - FRAGMENTARY ORDER 01/2019: A DESIGN FOR MAINTAINING MARITIME SUPERIORITY:
R 041527Z DEC 19 MID510000770165U
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
MSGID/NAVADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/CNO/DEC//
SUBJ/CNO GUIDANCE TO THE FLEET - FRAGMENTARY ORDER 01/2019:
A DESIGN FOR MAINTAINING MARITIME SUPERIORITY//
RMKS/1. Our Navy's strategic direction, focused on Great Power Competition,
is sound. This Fragmentary Order is written for senior Navy leaders to
simplify, prioritize and build on the foundation of Design 2.0, issued in
2. We will focus our efforts toward Warfighting, Warfighters, and the Future
3. Modern naval operations are in rapid transition, demanding the
integrated, multi-domain capabilities of our fleets. We will respond to this
transition with urgency.
4. Combined with a robust constellation of allies and partners who desire to
build and strengthen the international economic order, we are operating
towards the same end - continued security and stability that results in a
free and open maritime commons. We will continue to partner and stand
shoulder-to- shoulder with all nations who share a mutual respect for and
adherence to international law as well as a vision of free and open maritime
5. Together with the United States Marine Corps, our Navy is the bedrock of
Integrated American Naval Power, a force capable of fulfilling the mandate of
the National Defense Strategy and the National Military Strategy.
6. I am confident that we will maximize the Navy we have today while
delivering the Navy that our Nation will rely upon tomorrow.
7. To read Fragmentary Order 01/2019 in its entirety and download a one-page
infographic, please visit: www.navy.mil/cno.
8. See you in the Fleet.
9. Released by Admiral Michael M. Gilday, Chief of Naval Operations.//