ZACHARY AND ELIZABETH FISHER DISTINGUISHED CIVILIAN HUMANITARIAN AWARD - CALL FOR NOMINATIONS:
RTTUZYUW RUEWMCS0000 0131544-UUUU--RUCRNAD
R 131544Z JAN 14 PSN 971530K25
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/JAN//
SUBJ/ZACHARY AND ELIZABETH FISHER DISTINGUISHED CIVILIAN HUMANITARIAN AWARD -
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS//
AMPN/REF A IS SECNAVINST 5061.16, THE ZACHARY AND ELIZABETH
FISHER DISTINGUISHED CIVILIAN HUMANITARIAN AWARD.//
Rmks/1. Per ref (a), this NAVADMIN is to solicit nominations for the
calendar year 2013 annual Zachary and Elizabeth Fisher Distinguished Civilian
2. In 1996, the award was established by the military departments in honor
of Zachary and Elizabeth Fisher, who contributed extensively to the support
and welfare of members of the armed forces. The award is intended to honor
and recognize a private sector individual or organization that demonstrated
exceptional patriotism and humanitarian concerns for members of the U.S.
armed forces or their families.
3. The criteria for the Zachary and Elizabeth Fisher Distinguished Civilian
Humanitarian Award are detailed in ref (a) available via the Department of
the Navy Issuance website at: http://doni.daps.dla.mil/default.aspx.
4. The period of service for this year's award is from 1 January through 31
December 2013, or may be for a multi-year/lifetime contribution.
5. Nominations will be reviewed by a selection committee. The committee
recommendations will be endorsed by the Chief of Naval Personnel (CNP). A
multi-department selection recommendation committee is the final approving
authority for this award.
6. An award presentation will be announced at a later date.
7. Nominations shall be submitted to CNP, via command channels, and must be
received NLT 14 March 2014. A completed package may be scanned and forwarded
via encrypted e-mail to the point of contact listed in para 10 of this
NAVADMIN, or faxed to (703) 604-6957. The award recipient will be announced
via naval message.
8. Point of contact is Ms. Millie King, OPNAV N17D, at (703) 604-5049/DSN
664, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. This NAVADMIN will remain in effect until 30 September 2014.
10. Released by Vice Admiral W. F. Moran, N1.//