ALIGNMENT OF THE NUCLEAR LIMITED DUTY OFFICER DESIGNATOR.:
R 072009Z JAN 16
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/JAN//
SUBJ/ALIGNMENT OF THE NUCLEAR LIMITED DUTY OFFICER DESIGNATOR.//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces the realignment of the nuclear power limited
duty officer (LDO) designator within the 62XX series. This NAVADMIN will
serve as an interim change to SECNAVINST 1400.1B, Officer Competitive
Categories for the Active-Duty List of the Navy and Marine Corps. A revision
to the instruction will be forwarded by separate correspondence.
2. In order to align all submarine and nuclear enterprise LDOs under the
same designator series, the Secretary of the Navy has approved alignment of
nuclear power designator within the 62XX series. Establishment of the new
nuclear LDO designator will align job functions, increase efficiencies in
accessions, career management, and the distribution of LDOs within the
3. The nuclear LDO designator is revised as follows:
620X nuclear power (disestablishes 640X).
4. No administrative action is required by individual officers in this
5. Point of contact:
CDR Charles Jones, Nuclear LDO/Chief Warrant Officer Community Manager at
(703) 604-5489/DSN 664 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. This NAVADMIN will remain in effect until superseded or canceled,
whichever occurs first.
7. Released by Vice Admiral W. F. Moran, N1.//