ENLISTED ASSIGNMENTS AS RECRUIT DIVISION COMMANDERS:
R 071559Z JAN 16
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/JAN//
SUBJ/ENLISTED ASSIGNMENTS AS RECRUIT DIVISION COMMANDERS//
AMPN/REF A IS MILPERSMAN ARTICLE 1306-954, RECRUIT DIVISION COMMANDER (RDC)
RMKS/1. A strong and resilient Navy is built on the leadership put in place
to develop our force. The Navy’s accessions training at Officer Training
Command Newport (OTCN) and Recruit Training Command (RTC) is our starting
point for turning civilians into Sailors by instilling the Navy’s Core
Values. The leaders that provide this initial training are the Recruit
Division Commanders (RDC).
2. I ask Navy leadership to canvass their top quality enlisted personnel and
encourage them to consider RDC as their next shore duty choice. The job of
an RDC is not easy shore duty. The hours are long, the work is physically
challenging, and strong character and personal integrity are required
throughout the RDCs work day. However, the personal reward of training and
preparing Sailors for the Fleet is unmatched. Commands should make a special
effort to encourage their best and brightest to apply for RDC duty.
3. Reference (a) lists the criteria for RDC duty. Serving as an RDC results
not only in growth as a leader, increased career advancement opportunities,
and a feeling of self-fulfillment, but it also includes the following
- $450 per month Special Duty Assignment Pay,
- Additional annual clothing allowance of $220,
- Opportunity to earn a Master Training Specialist Qualification,
- Per the ACE Evaluation, RDCs may earn up to 24 college credits
(both upper and lower credits) towards a Bachelors Degree, and
- Choice of follow-on coast assignment.
4. Training to be an RDC begins at RDC C School. Candidates must have
passed the most recent physical fitness assessment, including the run. No
optional cardio respiratory event may be substituted. RDCs at OTCN are E-7
and above and at RTC, RDCs are E-5 and above.
5. Interested Sailors must submit a NAVPERS 1306/7 (Enlisted Personnel
Action Request) requesting duty as an RDC to the appropriate rating detailer.
Reference (a) contains all screening requirements and instructions for waiver
submissions. All commands with interested Sailors must ensure that packages
for prospective RDC candidates are screened thoroughly. Additional
information can be found on the NPC website at
Screening packages must be sent via e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to (901) 874-2646/DSN 882, or by mail
to: Commander, Navy Personnel Command, PERS 4010, 5720 Integrity Drive,
Millington, TN 38055-4000.
6. Released by Vice Admiral W. F. Moran, N1.//