NAVAL RESEARCH WORKING GROUP 19, 09-11 APR 2019, MONTEREY CA:
R 111518Z FEB 19
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//DNS//
SUBJ/NAVAL RESEARCH WORKING GROUP 19, 09-11 APR 2019, MONTEREY CA//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/ONR WASHINGTON DC CNR, MCWL/AUG2015//
NARR/REF A IS THE NAVAL RESEARCH PROGRAM CHARTER.
POC/FORBELL, DAVID/LTCOL/UNIT: NPS/-/TEL: 831-656-2794/
RMKS/1. This message announces Naval Research Working Group (NRWG) 19, from
9 to 11 April 2019 at the Naval Postgraduate School (NPS), Monterey, CA.
2. Per reference (a) (my.nps.edu/nrp/about), NRWG 19 will convene aboard NPS
in order to provide operationally relevant research experiences to NPS
faculty members; provide operationally relevant thesis opportunities to NPS
students; and provide useful results from research projects and studies to
topic sponsors across the Naval enterprise and in coordination with the Navy
Analytic Office (NAO).
3. NRWG 19 participants include individuals from Navy and Marine Corps
agencies who have research or analysis needs, as well as NPS students,
faculty, and staff.
4. Topic sponsors should enter research topics in the topic portal on the
NPS Naval Research Program (NRP) website ASAP, but no later than 22 March
2019. An NPS login ID or CAC card is required to log in. The topic portal
is located at my.nps.edu/nrp/topic-portal.
5. The NRWG will result in the development of Initial Research Estimate
Forms (IREFs). These forms are forwarded to the Navy Topic Review Board
(TRB) for vetting and validation. The TRB will be coordinated via separate
6. Working group sessions begin 0730, 9 April 2019. Travel days will be
Monday and Friday, 8 and 12 April 2019 respectively. For the detailed
working group schedule, registration information, and other important admin
details see the Naval Research Program website at my.nps.edu/nrp/nrwg-19.
7. Conference exemption. This working group has been designated a Title 10
function and is therefore conference exempt. Further, it has been formally
vetted and meets the exemption criteria in Section IV, paragraph 4b of
Department of Defense Conference Guidance 4.0, as an internal agency business
8. Released by Ms. Steffanie B. Easter, Director, Navy Staff.//