NAVY ESPORTS TEAM:
R 261346Z FEB 20 MID510000981453U
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/FEB//
SUBJ/NAVY ESPORTS TEAM//
AMPN/REF A IS MILPERSMAN 1306-964.//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces the launch of the Navy Esports Team by
Commander, Navy Recruiting Command (CNRC). The Navy Esports Team will add to
the multi-faceted outreach campaign of CNRC by engaging with prospective
Sailors online and at gaming venues. Centennials are moving into digital
spaces for most of their content consumption and social interactions, and the
Esports domain is one of the most popular and vibrant online arenas to date.
Connecting with future Sailors requires the Navy to be in the same spaces
where those future Sailors reside.
2. The qualifications to become a team member are identical to the
qualifications needed for recruiting duty. Refer to reference (a) for
3. Potential team member selectees will be screened for team fit and
recruiting duty. Upon approval, they will receive a set of 3 year orders to
CNRC, Millington, TN. Selected team members will receive recruiting training
at Navy Recruiter Orientation Unit (NORU), Pensacola, FL en route to CNRC.
The intent of NORU training will be to further develop communication skills
and to ensure team members understand the types of information sought by
those inquiring about service in the Navy.
4. The team members will operate at a facility specifically designed for the
team to practice, stream and compete. Once the team members have checked
into CNRC, they will develop a routine streaming cadence, encouraging
followers and viewers to interact with the members and recruiting content.
5. Team member applications will be accepted via a portal that will be open
for periods identified on the site. The next submission window is 15 March
2020 through 1 May 2020.
6. Additional Information
a. Detailed requirements for this program are listed on the CNRC webpage
and should be reviewed thoroughly by individuals prior to submission. The
webpage provides topic specific information such as:
(1) An overview of the program
(2) Submission portal for program application
(3) Next available submission window
b. For information regarding the Navy Esports Team
(1) Visit MyNavy Portal at https://my.navy.mil//
(2) Select *Quick Links*
(3) Select *NRC*, this will direct you to
(4) Under the CNRC webpage select *NRC Links*
(5) Select *Esports*
7. Point of contact is LT Robert Dyer, Program Manager, at (901) 874-9472/
DSN 882 or via email at email@example.com.
8. Released by Vice Admiral John B. Nowell, Jr, N1.//