FY-16 LAW EDUCATION PROGRAM SELECTION BOARD:
R 091601Z MAR 15
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ/FY-16 LAW EDUCATION PROGRAM SELECTION BOARD//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/MAR//
AMPN/REF A IS SECNAVINST 1520.7F, LAW EDUCATION PROGRAM.//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces convening of the FY-16 Law Education Program
(LEP) Selection Board in February 2016.
Applications for this board must be received NLT 25 September 2015.
Reference (a) provides information about LEP and application procedures.
Where information differs between this NAVADMIN and reference (a), this
NAVADMIN takes precedence.
2. Participants must begin legal training in the program NLT September 2016
and prior to the sixth anniversary of their active- duty commencement date.
This active-duty time includes any enlisted service. Legal training in the
program commences as of the date of reporting for duty under instruction, at
the unit to which the officer is assigned while attending law school. All
service requirements are statutory and cannot be waived.
3. Per reference (a), eligible officers who desire to apply for the
FY-16 LEP must submit a written request with current contact information and
official college transcripts from each school attended NLT 25 September 2015,
via their Commanding Officer to:
NAVAL EDUCATION TRAINING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT TECHNOLOGY
NETPDTC VOLUNTARY EDUCATION
ATTN CODE N2A2 LEP
6490 SAUFLEY FIELD ROAD
PENSACOLA FL 32509-5204
4. An applicant's Law School Admission Test (LSAT) score report must be
received prior to convening of the selection board in February 2016, but may
be submitted via separate correspondence.
Website screenshots of LSAT scores will not be accepted.
5. Applicants are required to contact PERS-4416E to schedule an interview
with a senior (O5 or O6) active-duty Judge Advocate General's Corps Officer.
6. Applicants must provide a prioritized list of ABA-accredited law schools
in the United States to which they applied. Applicants must apply to at
least one law school in which in-state tuition fees can be obtained and one
school near the officer*s current duty station.
Applicants must also apply to one school located in a fleet concentration
area (Norfolk, VA; San Diego, CA; Jacksonville/Mayport, FL; Pearl Harbor, HI;
or Washington, DC).
7. Officer Community Managers (OCM) will identify designators and year
groups that are eligible to transfer a limited number of active-duty officers
from their current community into the Judge Advocate General's Corps via LEP.
The OCM will ensure that all candidates meet eligibility guidelines prior to
releasing the applications to the board.
8. Point of contact for application procedures is Ms. Billie Colonna,
NETPDTC, at (850) 473-6061/DSN 753 or via e-mail at
firstname.lastname@example.org. For all other program questions contact LCDR
Geraldo Padilla, PERS-4416E, (901) 874-4084/DSN 882 or via e-mail at
email@example.com; or Ms. Shannon Collins,
(901) 874-4087/DSN 882 or via email at
9. This message is cancelled for record purposes on 30 September 2016.
10. Released by Vice Admiral W. F. Moran, N1.//