CANCELLATION OF NAVADMIN 203/14 AND NAVADMIN 159/17:
R 042054Z APR 18
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/APR//
SUBJ/CANCELLATION OF NAVADMIN 203/14 AND NAVADMIN 159/17//
REF/A/MSG/CNO WASHINGTON DC/022044ZSEP14//
REF/B/MSG/CNO WASHINGTON DC/301517ZJUN17//
NARR/REF A IS NAVADMIN 203/14, OVERSEAS/REMOTE DUTY SCREENING POLICY CHANGE.
REF B IS NAVADMIN 159/17 PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION ORDERS LETTER OF
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN cancels references (a) and (b).
2. With increased orders lead time (OLT), letters of intent (LOI) are no
longer as impactful and less critical for Sailors and their dependents. OLT
is expected to remain around six months in aggregate for the foreseeable
future, with a shift in the CMS-ID window to 9-12 months. Sailors should
receive orders with adequate time to complete the required documentation and
logistical planning for both continental United States (CONUS) and
overseas/remote assignments before beginning the permanent change of station
(PCS) process, negating the need for the LOI.
3. The other PCS tools that were available as outlined in reference (a)
remain in effect to make the PCS process smooth for Sailors and their
4. Naval Personnel Command (NPC) will resume issuance of LOIs as necessary
to best meet Sailor needs, based upon budgetary constraints, OLT, and other
factors as determined by NPC leadership.
5. For assistance or further information, contact the NPC Help Desk at
(866) 827-5672/DSN 882 or via e-mail at: email@example.com.
6. Released by Vice Admiral R. P. Burke, N1//