ANNUAL RECERTIFICATION OF SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT PAY:
R 261528Z MAY 16
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/MAY//
SUBJ/ANNUAL RECERTIFICATION OF SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT PAY//
REF/C/MSG/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/071311ZJUL14//
NARR/REF A IS OPNAVINST 1160.6B, SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT PAY (SDAP) PROGRAM.
REF B IS DOD INSTRUCTION 1304.27, AWARD AND ADMINISTRATION OF SPECIAL DUTY
ASSIGNMENT PAY. REF C IS NAVADMIN 156/14, SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT PAY.//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces the annual Special Duty Assignment Pay
(SDAP) recertification process for FY-16 and clarifies retroactive payments
and procedures. Per references (a) and (b), commanding officers (CO) are
required to annually review and certify each Sailors entitlement to SDAP.
This certification is to verify every Sailor who is assigned to an eligible
billet remains qualified to fill the billet and is receiving the correct
SDAP. Certification shall commence upon the release of this NAVADMIN and
continue through 31 August 2016. Per reference (a), commands that do not
complete the required certification by 31 August 2016 will have their Sailors
SDAP terminated retroactive to 1 June 2016.
2. To verify if a Sailor is eligible and receiving the correct level of
SDAP, a complete list of authorized skills and pay amounts can be found at:
3. Follow these procedures to certify the special pay (SP) section of the
Enlisted Distribution and Verification Report (EDVR):
a. Obtain and print the SP section of the EDVR. The SP section only
pulls those Sailors that are currently drawing SDAP.
(1) Although the EDVR has been replaced by Billet Based Distribution,
the EDVR Special Pay (SP) section will be reproduced in support of the FY-16
SDAP Recertification process.
(2) The command EDVR may be obtained by contacting the EDVR help desk
(3) EDVR requesters are to include their primary unit identification
code (UIC) in the subject line and any required subordinate UICs in the email
body. EDVR data will be processed and returned via the AMRDEC Safe Access
File Exchange process which sends an email from "email@example.com"
with specific instructions on how to access the file.
(4) All command Career Management System-Interactive
Detailing (CMS-ID) users with the activity manning manager (AMM) role will
automatically be granted access to their EDVR SP section. Requester must also
have CMS-ID AMM access to all subordinate UICs requested. Commands with no
AMM will need to submit a CMS-ID AMM access request as outlined on the Navy
Personnel Command (NPC) web site http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-
b. Verify your command as a whole and make changes as follows:
(1) Add all Sailors who are eligible for SDAP, but not listed in the
SP section of the EDVR. To add, simply handwrite or type the name, rate,
effective date, and level on the bottom of the SP section of the EDVR. If
there is not enough space you can do one of two things:
(a) Attach a list on command letterhead; or
(b) Make a copy of the top portion of the SP section and use that
as a secondary page for your additions.
(2) Draw a line through any Sailor who has not reported and are on
the SP section as a prospective gain. These Sailors are currently drawing
SDAP at their current command and will be certified by that UIC.
(3) Draw a line through any Sailor who is no longer eligible and put
a brief description as to why they are no longer eligible
(transfer/separation/loss of Navy Enlisted Classifications).
(4) Verify levels per reference (c), and draw a line through listed
level and replace with new level as required.
(5) The COs original signature must be on each page of the SP section
accompanied by the following statement: "After review, I certify that all
required additions and changes have been annotated, actions required to
start, stop or increase has been processed via Personnel Support Detachment
prior to submission of recertification and all Sailors at this command are
receiving the correct SDAP entitlement." This statement can be handwritten,
typed, or put on with a label. A cover letter is not required, and only
recommended if the command needs more space for Sailors added.
(6) List a point of contact, in the top right hand corner of the
first page of the SP section.
(7) Send the SP section via encrypted e-mail to PSC(SW/EXW/AW)
Stannie Gregoire at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are having trouble
sending encrypted e-mail, send an e-mail to PSC(SW/EXW/AW) Gregoire so you
can be added to the contact list. E- mail subject line should read:
Encryption request for UIC, POC: Name and phone number and/or e-mail address.
E-mail is the preferred method, but if you need to send via regular mail,
please send to:
Navy Personnel Command
ATTN: PSC Stannie Gregoire (PERS-81)
5720 Integrity Drive
Millington, TN 38055-0130
(8) E-mail subject line must contain: UIC, POC: rate, name, and
(9) SDAP recertifications do not go to PSD, only the required changes
need to be submitted to PSD via the transaction online processing system.
4. Each command is responsible for ensuring updates are made to the Sailors
record through the commands servicing PSD. No changes will be made by NPC as
part of the annual recertification process. If changes are required by
Enlisted Career Administration Department (PERS-81), then send via separate
correspondence with Sailors name in subject line of the e-mail.
5. Commands can check the status of their SDAP recertification at
npc/career/enlistedcareeradmin/Pages/SRB.aspx. Commands are strongly
encouraged to use this site to ensure all subordinate commands have completed
the recertification. Please allow 5 to 10 days after submission to be
updated on the webpage.
6. Commands and Sailors will have the ability to receive back pay within the
current fiscal year (FY). PSD may start a Sailors SDAP up to 8 months
retroactive to date of the command certification letter, but only within the
same FY. SDAP certifications that are between 8 months and 1 year past the
SDAP effective start date, and within the current FY, can be processed by
PERS-81 and will require a letter signed by the commands immediate superior
in command explaining why the members SDAP was not processed in a timely
manner. All other SDAP retroactive pay issues should be submitted via a
request through the Board for Corrections of Naval Records. Payments may
cross the FY for Sailors who report to a command in August or September, but
whose command certification is not fully routed until October or November.
7. Point of contact is PSC(SW/EXW/AW) Stannie Gregoire, PERS-813, at
(901)874-3260/DSN 882 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
8. This message will remain in effect until superseded or 1 October 2016,
whichever occurs first.
9. Released by Vice Admiral W. F. Moran, N1.//