ACADEMIC YEAR 2022 MEDICAL SERVICE CORPS IN-SERVICE PROCUREMENT PROGRAM SELECTION BOARD:
R 152010Z JUN 21 MID200000931808U
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/JUN//
SUBJ/ACADEMIC YEAR 2022 MEDICAL SERVICE CORPS IN-SERVICE PROCUREMENT PROGRAM
NARR/REF A IS OPNAVINST 1420.1B, ENLISTED TO OFFICER COMMISSIONING PROGRAMS
APPLICATION ADMINISTRATIVE MANUAL. REF B IS 10 U.S. CODE SECTION 8323.//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN solicits applications for the academic year
(AY) 2022 Medical Service Corps (MSC) in-service procurement program
(IPP) selection board. The MSC IPP will convene in the fall of
2. Eligibility criteria, application procedures and requirements
are outlined in this NAVADMIN, chapters 1, 2 and 6 of reference (a)
and Program Authorization (PA) 115B, which can be viewed on the Navy
Personnel Command (NPC) website under officer community managers at
3. Applications will be accepted for the following specialties: Health Care
Administration (HCA), Entomology, Industrial Hygiene, Medical Laboratory
Science, Occupational Therapy, Radiation Health, Social Work and Physician
4. Applicants must include a conditional release in their application.
a. Applicants assigned to a nuclear training command or who hold a
Nuclear Navy enlisted classification (335x, 336x, 338x and 339x) must submit
an enlisted personnel action request (NAVPERS 1306/7) form to the Nuclear
Propulsion Program Management Office (OPNAV N133) via their detailer.
b. Applicants not assigned to nuclear programs, listed in subparagraph
4a, must submit a NAVPERS 1306/7 to their enlisted community manager to
obtain the conditional release.
5. Applicants for training must provide an acceptance letter from an
accredited university in line with PA 115B and submit Scholastic Aptitude
Test, American College Testing, Graduate Record Examination, Graduate
Management Admission Test, or Pharmacy College Admission Test scores, as
6. Amplifying guidance for the AY-22 MSC IPP selection board:
a. HCA direct: Must have an accredited masters degree prior to board.
b. HCA training: Must include an acceptance letter from either the
Army-Baylor University graduate program in HCA or the masters in HCA and
Policy degree at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences.
c. Physician Assistant:
(1) Official transcripts from all attended academic institutions must
be requested and sent by the institution directly to the University of
Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) no later than (NLT) 31 July 2021. The UNMC
online application provides the appropriate mailing address. Application to
UNMC Physician Assistant Program must be initiated online via the
WebAdmit/UNICAS system on MNP website
at https://www.mnp.navy.mil/group/career-planning/commissioning-programs via
the MSC IPP, UNMC application link NLT 31 July 2021. No documents need to be
uploaded into the WebAdmit/UNICAS system.
(2) Completion of the online application does not qualify as
submission of the application. Hard-copy applications must be mailed to Navy
Medicine Professional Development Command (NMPDC) by 1 September 2021 (see
paragraph 9). Applicants will be notified of their academic eligibility well
before the official MSC IPP application deadline.
7. Applicants must not have reached their 42nd birthday by the time of
initial appointment and commissioning. Age waivers up to age 48 are
available for physician assistant applicants only.
8. In line with references (a) and (b), applicants are reminded that to be
eligible for voluntary retirement, an applicant appointed as an officer is
required to complete 20 years of active-duty service, with at least 10 years
of service as an active commissioned officer.
9. Applications must be postmarked by 1 September 2021 and mailed to:
Naval Medical Leader and Professional Development Center
8955 Wood Road
Bldg 1 16th Floor, Rooms 16141 16148
Bethesda MD 20889-5611
All required documentation must be received by 15 September 2021.
Detailed application information can be found on MNP at
https://www.mnp.navy.mil/group/career-planning/commissioning-programs via the
*MSC IPP Application Information* link.
10. Board results will be released at the aforementioned website once
11. Point of contact is Beverly D. Kemp, NMPDC (Code O3C HMDT), who can be
reached at (301) 319-4520/DSN 285, or via e-mail at
12. This NAVADMIN will remain in effect until superseded or 30 September
2022, whichever occurs first.
13. Released by Vice Admiral John B. Nowell, Jr, N1.//