CONVENING OF THE FY-16 FULL TIME SUPPORT CAPTAIN SELECTIVE RETENTION BOARD MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/JUN:
R 161240Z JUN 15
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ/CONVENING OF THE FY-16 FULL TIME SUPPORT CAPTAIN SELECTIVE RETENTION
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/JUN//
AMPF/REF A IS SECNAVINST 1920.6C, ADMINISTRATIVE SEPARATION OF OFFICERS.
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces the convening of the FY-16 Full Time Support
(FTS) Captain Selective Retention (SELRET) Board.
2. This SELRET Board is designed to bring FTS inventory in line with
authorized end strength, allow for reasonable promotion opportunity, and
permit sufficient junior officer accessions to meet FTS officer operational
requirements. FTS officers subject to involuntary release from active duty
as a result of these boards will be retained on active duty, if necessary, to
obtain eligibility for retirement with pay at 20 years active service.
3. The FTS Captain SELRET Board will convene on 21 September 2015, to
consider FTS captains in all competitive categories for retention. This
board will consider first gate FTS captains who were promoted during FY-14,
and for second gate FTS captains who were promoted during FY-11. Per
reference (a), first gate FTS captains not selected for retention will retire
or be released from active duty no later than (NLT) the first day of the
month in which they achieve three years time in grade. Second gate FTS
captains not selected for retention will retire or be released from active
duty NLT 1 September 2016.
4. Amplifying information will be posted on the reserve personnel management
and FTS community manager websites. The authorized number of selections for
retention will be posted as part of the board convening order on the board
convening date. The FTS officer community manager web page is:
5. Guidance on letters to selection boards can be found at
6. Point of contact is CDR Isaac C. Armstrong, BUPERS 318C, at
(901) 874-4346/DSN 882 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. This message will remain in effect until superseded or canceled,
whichever comes first.
8. Released by Vice Admiral W. F. Moran, N1.//