ANNUAL RECERTIFICATION OF SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT PAY:
R 311648Z MAY 18
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/MAY//
SUBJ/ANNUAL RECERTIFICATION OF SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT PAY//
REF/C/MSG/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/121941ZAPR18//
NARR/REF A IS OPNAVINST 1160.6C, SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT PAY (SDAP) PROGRAM.
REF B IS DOD INSTRUCTION 1340.26, ASSIGNMENT AND SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT PAY.
REF C IS NAVADMIN 093/18, SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT PAY.//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces the annual Special Duty Assignment Pay
(SDAP) recertification process for Fiscal Year (FY) 2018 and clarifies
retroactive payments and procedures. In line with references (a) and (b),
commanding officers (CO) are required to annually review and certify each
entitlement to SDAP of the Sailor.
This certification is to verify every Sailor who is assigned to an eligible
billet remains qualified to fill the billet and is receiving the correct
SDAP. Certification shall commence upon the release of this NAVADMIN and
continue through 31 August 2018. In line with reference (a), commands that
do not complete the required certification by 31 August 2018 will have the
SDAP of their Sailors terminated retroactive to 1 June 2018. Back pay will
not be approved for commands that do not submit their recertification by the
2. To verify if a Sailor is eligible and receiving the correct level of
SDAP, a complete list of authorized skills and pay amounts can be found at:
3. Follow these procedures to certify the SDAP report for your command:
a. Obtain and print the annual SDAP report of your command.
The annual SDAP report only pulls those Sailors that are currently drawing
(1) The command annual SDAP report may be obtained by sending a
digitally signed email to the SDAP Recertification Report help desk at
(2) Annual SDAP report requesters are to include their primary unit
identification code (UIC) in the subject line and any required subordinate
UICs in the e-mail body.
(3) Requests can only be submitted by Command Career Management
System-Interactive Detailing (CMS-ID) users with the activity manning manager
(AMM) role. Requester must have CMS-ID AMM access for all subordinate UICs
requested. Commands with no AMM will need to submit a CMS-ID AMM access
request as outlined on the Navy Personnel Command (NPC) web site
(4) The SDAP report will be returned as an attachment either in an
encrypted email or via the U.S. Army Aviation and Missile Research
Development and Engineer Center (AMRDEC) Safe access file exchange process.
AMRDEC Safe will send an email form *email@example.com* with
specific instructions on how to access and download the file.
b. Verify your command as a whole and make changes as follows:
(1) Add all Sailors who are eligible for SDAP, but not listed in the
annual SDAP report. To add, simply handwrite or type the name, rate,
effective date, and level on the bottom of the Annual SDAP report. If there
is not enough space, attach a list on command letterhead.
(2) Draw a line through any Sailor who is no longer eligible and put
a brief description as to why they are no longer eligible
(transfer/separation/loss of Navy Enlisted Classifications).
(3) Verify levels are in line with the most recent SDAP eligibility
chart on the NPC web site http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-
npc/career/enlistedcareeradmin/Pages/SRB.aspx, and draw a line through listed
level and replace with new level as required.
(4) The original signature of the CO must be on each page of the
annual SDAP report accompanied by the following statement:
*After review, I certify that all required additions and changes have been
annotated, actions required to start, stop, increase or decrease has been
processed via Personnel Support Detachment prior to submission of
recertification and all Sailors at this command are receiving the correct
SDAP entitlement.* This statement can be handwritten, typed, or put on with
a label. A cover letter is not required, and only recommended if the command
needs more space for Sailors added.
(5) Provide a point of contact in the top right hand corner of the
first page of the annual SDAP report.
(6) Send the SDAP report via encrypted e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are having trouble sending encrypted e-
mail, contact the Enlisted Incentive Program Department (BUPERS-328) at
901-874-3260/DSN 882 so that you can be added to the contact list. E-mail
subject line should read: Encryption request for UIC, POC: name and phone
number and/or e-mail address. E-mail is the preferred method, but if you
need to send via regular mail, please send to:
Navy Personnel Command
ATTN: Enlisted Incentive Program Department (BUPERS-328)
5720 Integrity Drive
Millington, TN 38055-0130.
(7) E-mail subject line must contain: UIC, POC: rate, name, and
(8) SDAP recertifications do not go to the Personnel Support
Detachment (PSD), only the required changes need to be submitted to PSD via
the transaction online processing system.
4. Each command is responsible for ensuring updates are made to the Sailors
record through the commands servicing PSD. No changes will be made by NPC as
part of the annual recertification process. If changes are required by the
BUPERS-328, then send via separate correspondence with Sailors name in
subject line of the e-mail.
5. Commands can check the status of their SDAP recertification at
npc/career/enlistedcareeradmin/Pages/SRB.aspx. Commands are strongly
encouraged to use this site to ensure all subordinate commands have completed
the recertification. Please allow five to ten days after submission for the
webpage to be updated.
6. SDAP Processing Timeline: PSDs may start the SDAP of a Sailor up to
eight months retroactive to the date of the SDAP memo of the command. SDAP
requests that are greater than eight months must be submitted to BUPERS-328
and will require a letter signed by the Immediate Superior in Command of the
command explaining why the SDAP of the member was not processed in a timely
manner. Payments will be determined by BUPERS-328.
7. Point of contact via e-mail email@example.com, at (901)874-
8. This NAVADMIN will remain in effect until superseded or 1 October 2018,
whichever occurs first.
9. You can look forward to this cumbersome administrative requirement being
automated as we work towards implementation of our new personnel IT system.
10. Released by Vice Admiral R. P. Burke, N1.//