ANNOUNCEMENT OF FISCAL YEAR 2016 NAVY MEDICINE COMMANDING OFFICER AND EXECUTIVE OFFICER SCREENING BOARD:
R 231418Z JUN 15
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/JUN//
SUBJ/ANNOUNCEMENT OF FISCAL YEAR 2016 NAVY MEDICINE COMMANDING OFFICER AND
EXECUTIVE OFFICER SCREENING BOARD//
NARR/REF A IS OPNAVINST 1412.14, COMMAND QUALIFICATION PROGRAM.
REF B IS BUMEDINST 1412.1A, COMMAND QUALIFICATION PROGRAM. REF C IS
MILPERSMAN ARTICLE 1301-811, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES MEDICAL COMMUNITY
SCREENING FOR COMMANDING OFFICER AND EXECUTIVE OFFICER. REF D IS BUMED NOTICE
1412, APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR FISCAL YEAR 2016 NAVY MEDICINE COMMANDING
OFFICER AND EXECUTIVE OFFICER POSITIONS.//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN announces the FY-16 Navy Medicine Commanding Officer
(CO) and Executive Officer (XO) Screening Board scheduled to be convened by
Commander, Navy Personnel Command (NAVPERSCOM) on 23 September 2015.
2. Background. CO and XO positions are leadership positions defined by
NAVPERSCOM, Medical Department Assignments (PERS-4415) and the Bureau of
Medicine and Surgery (BUMED) Council of Corps Chiefs and approved by the
Surgeon General. These positions require special expertise, experience, and
a documented career progression that prepares an officer for these
3. References (a) through (d) outline application procedures, executive
medicine required criteria, letter templates, and forms which are posted on
the Navy Medicine website at
4. Deadline for application to reach PERS-4415 is 31 July 2015. Late or
incomplete applications will not be considered.
5. Point of contact is Ms. Gabriele Farmer at (901) 874-4097/DSN 882 or via
e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. This message will remain in effect until superseded or 30 May 2016,
whichever occurs first.
7. Released by Vice Admiral W. F. Moran, N1.//