NAVY ORGANIZATION MANAGEMENT - ORGANIZATION CHANGE REQUEST PROCESS:
R 291705Z AUG 22 MID600052240667U
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//DNS//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//DNS//
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/DNS/AUG//
SUBJ/NAVY ORGANIZATION MANAGEMENT - ORGANIZATION CHANGE REQUEST PROCESS//
REF/A/DOC/13 OCT 11//
REF/B/DOC/16 MAY 14//
AMPN/Reference (a) is OPNAVINST 5400.44.
Reference (b) is the Standard Navy Distribution List.//
RMKS/1. Purpose. To update procedures and processes for submission of
Organization Change Request (OCR) actions and Standard Navy Distribution List
(SNDL) to Director, Navy Staff (DNS) for changes and modifications. On
2 May 2022, the Department of the Navy (DON) transitioned to Enterprise Task
Management Solution System (ETMS2). References (a) and (b) are under
revision. This NAVADMIN serves to update the OCR submission process and
cancels any and all paragraphs mentioning Navy Organization Request
Management System (NORMS).
2. DNS 12 is responsible for maintaining the SNDL and control and approval
of all Naval OCRs.
3. Processing Procedure Changes. The Navy organization change process is
processed and completed using ETMS2. ETMS2 is the official DON tasking
system allowing for electronic submission, approvals, and coordination of all
4. ETMS2 taskers will be initiated by the submitting organization.
a. Tasker Subjects will start with the OCR Action, the acronym "OCR,"
followed by the abbreviated form of the Organization's name, followed by the
b. OCR Action Abbreviations for Subjects:
(1) Establish - EST
(2) Disestablish - DISEST
(3) Home Port Change - HPC
(4) Rename Organization - RENAME
(5) Modification - MOD
(6) Decommissioning - DECOM
(7) ISIC Change - ISIC
(8) Relocate - REL
c. Example Tasker subjects:
(1) HPC OCR - USFF - USS ROSS (DDG 71)
(2) RENAME OCR - CPF - OFFICE OF NAVAL INTELLIGENCE
(3) EST OCR - CPF - NAVAL SPECIAL WARFARE ASSESSMENT COMMAND
5. Suspense date. Enter date 60 days before the promulgation date listed in
submitted OCR. For HPC, enter 90 days before the promulgation date.
6. Origin. Select "Navy" from the drop down menu.
7. Standard Subject Identification Code. Select "5000-55 Program Oversight
8. Classification. For unclassified OCRs, select "UNCLASSIFIED." For
classified OCRs, select "SIPR Action Tracker" and upload the unclassified
version of the OCR to the document library. Additionally, create a SIPR
ETMS2 tasker and send to "OPNAV DNS 12 Organization Management."
9. Priority. Mark as "Normal."
10. Authority. For Home Port Changes, select "SECNAV." For all other
actions, select "DNS."
11. Action. Select "Approve."
12. Category. Select "Administration."
13. OPNAV 5400/1 will be uploaded into the Original Documents library.
14. "My Instructions" section of ETMS2 tasker should cover the following:
a. POC (Name, email, phone number)
b. Reason from OCR (OPNAV 5400/1) block 4.j.
c. Promulgation Date and Effective Dates
d. If applicable, any special considerations DNS should be aware of
while processing the request.
15. To send the OCR to DNS, use the "Manage Assignments" action button and
send to "OPNAV DNS 12 Organization Management" as the Office of Primary
16. For questions or concerns regarding OCRs, please contact the Navy
Organization Management Team at email@example.com.
17. Applicability. This NAVADMIN is applicable to all commands who submit
OCRs to DNS or on behalf of subordinate commands.
18. Released by Mr. Andrew S. Haeuptle, Director, Navy Staff.//