2021 OMBUDSMAN APPRECIATION DAY:
R 071751Z SEP 21 MID200001107450U
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
MSGID/NAVADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N00/SEP//
SUBJ/2021 OMBUDSMAN APPRECIATION DAY//
RMKS/1. September 14 is Ombudsman Appreciation Day. A day for the Navy to
show its appreciation to command Ombudsman for their volunteerism and
dedication to supporting our Navy and its families. Please take this
opportunity to formally recognize your command Ombudsman and the many
benefits of the Ombudsman Program. This practice goes back to the inception
of the Ombudsman Program in 1970, when ADM Elmo R. Zumwalt, Jr., introduced
the Navy Family Command Ombudsman Program via Z-Gram 24.
2. Navy team, our selfless Ombudsman volunteers are crucial to the success
of our Navy and their contributions to the success of the command's mission
are immeasurable. Their support to Navy families enable Sailors and commands
to focus on mission requirements while knowing that their families have a
trained and reliable resource to provide support on the home front.
3. Commanders and command triads, you play a critical role in ensuring your
Ombudsman are properly prepared and always have a direct line of
communication with you to assist your Sailors.
4. Ombudsman Coordinators, you serve as an invaluable resource to Ombudsman
and Commanders. Your guidance and understanding of the Ombudsman Program
provide a firm foundation to all who are affiliated with the program.
5. Ombudsman, congratulations on 51 impressive years of dedicated service
and support! Thank you for all you do and BRAVO ZULU!
6. Released by Admiral Mike Gilday, Chief of Naval Operations.//