2015 MRS. SYBIL STOCKDALE OMBUDSMAN OF THE YEAR AWARD RECIPIENTS:
R 252100Z AUG 15
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/DNS/AUG//
SUBJ/2015 MRS. SYBIL STOCKDALE OMBUDSMAN OF THE YEAR AWARD RECIPIENTS//
RMKS/1. I am pleased to announce the selection of four outstanding Ombudsmen
as the 2015 Mrs. Sybil Stockdale Ombudsman of the Year Award recipients.
2. The following Ombudsmen were nominated by their commanding officers for
serving their command and families with extraordinary, selfless dedication
and commitment to family readiness. Congratulations to:
a. Ms. Karina Dickinson, Ombudsman for USS NEW YORK (LPD 21),
representing sea commands under Commander, U.S. Fleet Forces Command
b. Mrs. Cheryl Trujillo, Ombudsman for USS HOPPER (DDG 70), representing
sea commands under Commander, U.S. Pacific Fleet
c. Mrs. Ronye' McCarthy, Ombudsman for Naval Station Rota, and
representing all naval shore activities in the Navy
d. Mrs. Colleen G. Weaver, Ombudsman for Navy Operational Support
Center Sacramento, representing all Reserve commands under Commander, Navy
3. Bravo Zulu to all command ombudsmen who maintain the highest standards of
professionalism and create a healthy sense of community by being positive
role models for command members and their families.
4. The Stockdale Ombudsman of the Year Award is scheduled to be presented in
San Diego, CA at the 33rd Annual Armed Services Family Readiness Volunteers
Recognition Ceremony, 24 September 2015.
5. Commander, Navy Installations Command point of contact is Ms. Renee C.
Harris, Work and Family Life Program Manager, (202) 433-3165 (DSN 288), email
6. Released by Vice Admiral R. R. Braun, USN//