2014 RAND MILITARY WORKPLACE STUDY:
R 112206Z SEP 14 PSN 488766H39
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ/2014 RAND MILITARY WORKPLACE STUDY//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/DNS/SEP//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN addresses the 2014 RAND Military Workplace Study.
2. The study includes a survey that has been sent to all female Active Duty
and a quarter of all Active Duty males. The survey asks questions about the
workplace conditions of our Sailors, and is projected to end on 24 September
3. Navy's participation numbers indicate that our Sailors may not be aware
of the Survey. Commanders need to get the word out by letting our Sailors
know about the RAND Military Workplace Study and its importance to our Navy.
Sailors should be made aware that the survey is voluntary and confidential.
No one in DoD will see how an individual Service member responded.
4. Encourage our Sailors to take the survey, if they have been invited.
They should remember our core values and have the courage to honestly answer
the questions. If Sailors did not receive the survey, but believe they
should have, they can contact RAND directly via either of the following
a. Call the survey help desk at 1-855-365-5914 (OCONUS call collect 240-
453-2620) and the operator will verify your identity, correct the incorrect
information, and then email the survey information to you. Hours are 0900-
2359 EST (Monday-Friday),
1000-1800 (Saturday), 1400-2200 (Sunday). Or:
b. Email the help desk at email@example.com, inform them
that you have not received your survey information, and provide them a
contact telephone number with the best time to return your call. The help
desk will need to speak to you directly to verify your information and make
the necessary corrections to participate in the survey.
5. Point of contact is LT Christopher Hannifan, OPNAV N172, at
(703) 604-6990/DSN 664 or via e-mail at
6. This NAVADMIN will remain in effect until superseded or canceled.
7. Released by Vice Admiral S. H. Swift, Director, Navy Staff.//