ATTENDANCE AT THE 2024 JOINT SERVICE AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYMPOSIUM:
R 191640Z SEP 23 MID120000453633U
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC
PASS TO OFFICE CODES:
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N9//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/ATTENDANCE AT THE 2024 JOINT SERVICE AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYMPOSIUM//
NARR/REF A is DOD Publication 5500.07-R Joint Ethics Regulation.
REF B is the Joint Travel Regulations.//
POC/Mr. Scott Swain/CIV/OPNAV/LOC: N980A/TEL: (703) 614-2638//
RMKS/1. The Air Traffic Control Association (ATCA) will hold the Joint-
Service Air Traffic Control (ATC) Symposium in Myrtle Beach, SC at the
Sheraton Convention Center from 14-16 May 2024. This forum provides a vehicle
for senior military and civilian professionals to enlighten, inspire, enhance
retention, and educate E-4 through E-6 DoD air traffic controllers on the
technological advances, operational enhancements, and policy changes that
have taken place within the air traffic control profession. The event is a
combination of briefs, panels, working groups, and industry interaction.
Industry representatives for air traffic management equipment, simulators,
and software provide displays that serve to educate and prepare controllers
for future opportunities and challenges to military air traffic control.
- The Future of Naval Aviation and Air Force ATC
- US Navy and USMC Air Traffic Control Strategic Plan and Evolution Roadmap
- The National Airspace System
- ATC Equipment and Technology
- Landing Zone Operations
- Career Development and Advancement Opportunities
- Training and Readiness Discussions
2. Primary goals are to reinforce the professional excellence of the air
traffic control community and enhance retention within the critical E-4
through E-6 paygrades. While the focus is on our active duty members, all
DoN, USAF, Army, civil service, retired, enlisted, and officer ATC
professionals are cordially invited to attend.
3. Per reference (a) and (b), Commanding Officers may issue orders for
attendance at government expense after determining that the expenses,
including fees, travel costs, and other costs attributable to participation,
justify the objectives to be achieved. TAD orders may cover expenses to
support attendance and participation at the conference including
transportation and per diem per reference (b).
4. If funds are not available, permissive TAD orders may be issued.
Use of available government transportation and carpooling is encouraged to
enhance conference participation and to minimize travel expenses. Commands
may also reduce costs by using double occupancy for lodging. Rental cars are
highly discouraged and unnecessary for symposium participants. Participants
flying to the symposium should use a taxi or ridesharing to the hotel.
5. Uniform for this event:
Navy E-6 and below: Service Uniform
Navy E-7 and above: Service Khaki
Marine Corps: Service C
Air Force: Class B Service Uniform
Army: Class B Service Uniform
6. Hotel room reservation, symposium registration, and detailed information
regarding the ATC symposium are available at Joint Service ATC Symposium
7. Questions regarding the symposium may be directed to CAPT Jeff Dugard
(703) 695-8534, DSN 224-2639, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Released by Mr. Chris A. Miller, Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for
Warfighting Requirements and Capabilities (N9), PTDO.//