NOMINATIONS FOR NAVY COALITION OF SAILORS AGAINST DESTRUCTIVE DECISIONS SEA AND SHORE CHAPTER OF THE YEAR AWARDS:
1 NAVADMINs are known that
refer back to this one:
RTTUZYUW RUEWMCS0000 2532249-UUUU--RUCRNAD
R 102249Z Sep 13
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
INFO CNO WASHINGTON DC//N1//
MSGID/GENADMIN/CNO WASHINGTON DC/N1/SEP//
SUBJ/NOMINATIONS FOR NAVY COALITION OF SAILORS AGAINST DESTRUCTIVE DECISIONS
SEA AND SHORE CHAPTER OF THE YEAR AWARDS//
AMPN/REF A IS OPNAVINST 1500.80, COALITION OF SAILORS AGAINST DESTRUCTIVE
DECISIONS PEER MENTORING PROGRAM//
RMKS/1. This NAVADMIN provides guidance for submission of FY-13 Coalition of
Sailors Against Destructive Decisions (CSADD) Sea and Shore Chapter of the
Year (COY) nominations. All active duty, reserve component and reserve
officers' training corps Unit CSADD chapters are eligible. Two chapters from
sea (large and small) and two from shore (installations and training) will be
selected for COY from among the submissions.
2. The CSADD Sea and Shore COY awards were established to recognize positive
social interaction, leadership and decision making demonstrated through CSADD
efforts, which employ a variety of communication tools and social networking
created and sustained by the chapters.
3. Nominations for CSADD Sea and Shore COY awards shall include only
activities and successes that occurred during FY-13. Nominations shall be
submitted by the unit Commander or designated representative, who will
forward nominations via the regional commanders to N170C. If a command has
not registered its chapter, it must do so, as outlined in ref (a), prior to
submitting a nomination.
4. The original and one copy of the nominations are to be mailed by each
CSADD chapter to its appropriate regional CSADD chapter NLT 1 October 2013.
Regional commander submissions will be mailed or e-mailed NLT 1 November 2013
to the following address:
Twenty-first Century Sailor Office
ATTN: Ms. Amanda Alston
Family Readiness N170C
Building 457, RM 202
5720 Integrity Drive
Millington, TN 38055-6000
Or via e-mail: email@example.com.
Nominations postmarked or received after 1 November 2013 will be
5. Package Requirements:
a. Page one;
(1) Command name and UIC.
(2) Unit Type (i.e. ship, submarine, squadron, installation, etc.).
(3) Location of CSADD Chapter (name of installation/base).
(4) Point of Contact: Include name/rank/title, command address, e-
mail and phone number.
(5) Commander/Commanding officer name/rank.
(6) Command master chief/Senior enlisted Leader name/rate.
(7) CSADD chapter's president/leader name/rank.
(8) A paragraph from the CSADD chapter president/leader describing
chapter contributions to foster a culture of positive decision making.
b. Page two;
(1) Program Background
(a) CSADD mission (no more than two sentences).
(b) Date of inception.
(c) Number of 18-25 year old Sailors in the command.
(d) Number of current chapter members.
(e) Growth of program (provide no more than two paragraphs to
describe program growth since inception).
c. Pages three and four;
(1) List the different types of activities, methods and products used
to promulgate the CSADD message.
(2) List tangible and verifiable evidence, showing how the chapter is
making a difference (e.g. no DUIs for a period of XX days, no PFA failures,
mishap reduction by XX percent, etc.). All data and statistics provided must
be for FY-13 but previous year data can be referenced for comparison as
evidence of progress.
(3) Describe chapter impact on the local community and command during
the FY-13 period.
(4) Describe the overall methodology of the program, including
specific achievements and goals accomplished.
d. Cover page: Commander/Commanding officer endorsement (no more than
e. Enclosures: Pictures, flyers, videos on DVD and other pertinent
material may be included, as appropriate and desired.
6. Packages will not exceed five pages plus enclosures and will be typed
single space, using courier new font in 10 or 12 pitch.
7. Point of contact is Ms. Amanda Alston, CSADD Program Coordinator,
(901) 874-6723 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Released by Vice Admiral W. F. Moran, N1.//